Chapter 22: Trouble and Trust

Somewhere else in the island, Ramous and his pack were standing in the shadows the only you could see was their eyes. "So you're seriously thinking about going beyond our territory just because the Herd might be in the far part of the island?" Sasha asked as she turn to him "You said there's a chance that cub might be in the far part of the island..." the whole pack stepped out of the shadows and into the light. Ramous had light gray fur and a dark mane with stripes on his back. Next to him was Kali, she had black and white fur with some spots on her paws and back and sharp golden eyes.

He turned around to face Sasha "and this is so called Herd can cause problems for our pack. You two will be my eyes in the sky. Me and Kali will look on the ground" he told them before the two sabers ran off while Kwatak and Sasha flew up but they had no idea that Adah and the Scavenger Pack were watching above from a ledge.

"Talia. Jake. Go find Tackle and Vibe and bring them here now" he told them urgently and serious. The two wolves nodded and ran down the ledge and taking another path while Adah walked away with Saya.

The Herd were all hanging out at a frozen lake where Manny and Julian were versing Ellie and Peaches in a hockey match while the others watched them play. "Come on Manny!" "Yeah you got this buddy!" Diego and Sid cheered for their friend . Manny passed his puck to Julian but Peaches swiped the puck from behind and made a quick pass to Ellie who shot it in the boys' goal.

"Yeah! In your face guys!" Shira shouted leaping up to her feet. Vibe stood up her tail shaking in excitement "wow that's so cool!" "Hi guys" her head turn to Ferry who was making his way over her "Ferry!" Tackle said happy to see his best friend and he scampered down hugging the ferret and purring.

"Tackle! I'm so glad to see you bud" Ferry told him relieved to see his best friend ok but his ears perked at seeing his bandage paw "your paw. What happen?" The cub lifted his paw up and before he can say anything Vibe answered for him "He got stuck in a trap...and you are" she said irritated "Vibe this is Ferry my best friend" the ferret waved at her and the pup stared at him, inside she wasn't too thrilled that Tackle had someone else to play with.

"Best friend? Cute" she said saracastically but her ears perked when she heard a "pssst!" She looked down to find a small red and black ball near her and it unraveled revealing Ruby "Ruby?" "Vibe this is urgent. You need to get Tackle and bring him to our home and fast!" She whispered to her but Vibe didn't really want to "No way I'm watching a hockey game" she complained but Ruby gave her a glare "Vibe. Ramous knows where to find Tackle and he is coming here now" Vibe's ears perked at this and she was surprised.

She looked at the cub but when she looked back at Ruby, she didn't realize Ferry observing her and he started to get suscpious 'What is she up to?' He thought in his head and his ears perked when he spotted Ruby. "Ok. I'll see if I can lead him away from the Herd and then I'll grab him and run for it" "Good but watch out. His 'eyes in the sky' are on the lookout. Oh! And watch out for Ramous and Kasha" Ruby warned her before she rolled away.

The pup jumped off the rock and went to Tackle "Tag your it!" She tapped his shoulder and ran off, the cub chased after her but he stopped in his tracks when Shira called out "Tackle! Don't go too far ok?" "Ok mom!" He answered back before continuing but Ferry felt something wrong and ran after the two.

Vibe kept turning her head back to see if Tackle was still behind while also looking up at the sky for Sasha and Kwatak. Their chase led them far from the Herd at some ice but Tackle noticed his surroundings were changing and he stopped, "Hey why you stop?" Vibe asked as she stopped to her paws skidded on the ice "My mom said not to go far and this seems pretty far. We should go back"

Tackle turned around and spotted Ferry coming to him "Ferry?" "Tackle I think there's something up with Vibe" "What do you mean?" The ferret grabbed his ear gently to his mouth "I saw Vibe talking to someone. I think she's up to something" he told him but Vibe gasped when she saw the crow and weasel flying in the sky "hide!" She whispered as she grabbed them and hid under a pine tree.

The pup huddled in the shadow of the tree with her tail wrapped around Tackle and Ferry who crouched down making themselves smaller. Tackle stared at Vibe, starting to realize his friend might be right about something. Vibe kept her eyes on the flying duo until they finally left, she let out a breath of relief as she slowly got out of her hiding.

"Vibe what's going on?" The pup froze in her tracks from Tackle's question "well...um..I..uh" she couldn't find the words to explain but she didn't have a chance "You mean to tell me you were using me?!" Tackle asked furious but his voice was so loud that it caught Ramous and Kali's attention, they both turned around and spotted Tackle.

"Kali do you see what I see?" He asked her surprised but thrilled "Yes" she responded evilly as the two nodded knew what to do. Vibe spotted them and gasped.

"Tackle we have to go. Now" she told him urgently but the cub was too angry to listen...or trusr her. "No way! I am mad at you!" He said but Vibe and Ferry froze and thr ferret pointed "Tackle.run" he whispered as they backed away.

Tackle stared at him confused until a shadow loomed over him, his ears fell down and slowly turned around his eyes widen when he found Ramous behind him...uh oh.