Chapter 2: Back with the Herd

Julian peeked through some bushes as he searched for something...or someone.

"Oy! Mammoth!Did you find him?!" "Not yet" Julian told Buck before be he continued on his search, "wonder the furball ran off too?" the weasel said as he continued with smoothing the edges of the sled with his knife which was a big bark. Sid came by pulling a bark full of sticks before plopping on the ground exhausted"So...hows...the sled?" "Just a few more scrapes and it will slide smoothly but mind asking what your up to?" Buck asked him as the sloth stood up to stretch out his muscles from the work " Glad you asked Buck. I,Sid the sloth,shall be an inventor!" "Inventor?" The weasel cocked his head to the left confused "Yep. I'm gonna make things to make life for us better,easier and funner" the sloth told his friend.

Meanwhile,Julian is still looking unaware that a small figure was on his way to him " Well found him?" Peaches asked Julian but just as she did a white blur sped past them,running towards where the possum brothers were " Heads up!" The tree was then hit knocking the possums off it and on the ground " Hey who did that?!" "Show yourself!" Crash and Eddie demanded as they got up,they turn their heads when hearing some laughing and spotted a gray and white fur saber cub with brown stripes "Tackle!" The possums tried jumping on him but they missed as Tackle slid underneath them and scrambled up on the tree sticking his tongue at them before swatting the branch which caused the fruit on it to fall on the possums.

Tackle laughed before a trunk grabbed him from the tree "There you are,where have you been?" Manny asked him as he gently put the cub down while Danny tried to swat Ellie's trunk away from him"I was only playing Uncle Manny " Ellie manage to tickle Danny making the cub laugh. "Look at what Sid's making,he's gonna let me ride it" The mammoths looked up at the sloth who tried to get the sled unstuck but lost his footing and fell.

"If anything all Sid's gonna do is get himself killed " Manny mumbled as Ellie elbowed him with her trunk. Danny felt a trunk wrapped around his body and was pulled into a hug by Peaches "Cousin Peaches!" He squealed excited to see her"Hey little D!""Hi ya Big J" the cub and darker fur mammoth did their little 'peace out' way."Danny!" Sid yelled out and rolled down to the cub patting his head"Glad to see my little bundle of joy""Oh that reminds me" the cub grabbed a squirrel,none other than Scrat,in his mouth " I got this for you and it's fresh"

Sid was reluctant but he couldnt upset Danny"Oh um thank you" once Scrat was on the sloth's hands, he woke up and scream attacking the sloth."Nice one" Manny whispers to the cub and fist bumps him with his trunk"Hey have you guys seen my parents?""There out hunting""Can I go see them?" The cub asked his mammoth aunt as he walked around her but Manny grabbed the cub and put him on his back.

"You know I'm supposed to keep an eye on you right?" The mammoth told him since Diego trusted him to look after his cub but Danny slid down on Manny's truck looking at him with the cute eyes"Please?I'll let my dad know" the mammoth thought about before he confirmed it " Ok you can go see them""Yes!" The cub scampered off but halted when Manny called out " Just don't interrupt Diego and Shira's hunt!""ok!" Danny yelled out before he ran off again."Hey mammoth!" The mammoths turn to Buck who was trying to keep Sid from falling " A little help?!""Oh boy" Manny marched over there to help