Chapter 26

Kayden's P.O.V.

Standing in the door way, my eyes take in the surroundings. Christian is curled up on the floor clutching his side, "I think we can take it from here." Jace surprises me by being the first to speak to the two strangers. The girl is small hovering over the wounded guy who lays on the floor. Most of us pay no mind to them, besides Liam, he seems to be in some sort of trance, great timing he has. When I spot a petite body laying on the ground behind the strangers, my feet carry me around and over to her. With out a doubt that is her, those long eyelashes couldn't belong to anyone else.

My Uncle, Riley's dad, follows closely behind me. When I notice that she is unconcious immediately my hands begin to tremble. My face pales and I can feel my body start to go numb.

Focus Kayden

My hand extends towards Riley's neck, cupping it to tilt her head back. With my free hand, I press two fingers just under her jaw."She barely has a pulse. We have to get her to a hospital." I explain to everybody around me, while lifting her in my arms.

"The cops are on their way, there will be an ambulance with them, maybe we should just-" Jace tries to reason, as he uses the rope that bit at Riley's wrists, to tie up that worthless bastard.

"No there's no time! We need to go now!" I angrily interupt him. Without waiting for a reply, I carefully scoop Riley up into my arms and bolt out the door. I can here Uncle's loud stomps close behind me. Jace and Liam don't follow, I assume they are going to stay and wait for the cops.

My calves burn as I sprint down the long trail, towards my car. My hand manages the door open while Uncle grabs a blanket from the trunk. Gently, I lay Riley down in the backseat and take the blanket to cover her up. "Just hang in there baby, you're going to be okay." I whisper in her ear, before kissing her lightly on her bruised forehead, and speeding down the dirt path.

Just before the ground turns from dirt to gravel, we pass three police cars and an ambulance following closely behind. "Should we stop and tell them were to go?" Uncle quizzes as he sits in the backseat, stroking Riley's hair.

"They'll figure it out." I continue to speed on down the highway. It's about a 30 minute drive from that forest, into town, but I plan to get there in half that time. Every few minutes or so I am turning my head back to check on Riley. She still remains quietly still, curled up in the fetal position.

My rage begins to grow when I think about all of the pain he has brought upon her. How this is all my fault that she is in this position right now. If I could, I would gladly trade places with her. But I can't, all I can do is sit, watch, and wait for whatever the outcome may be.

The long torturous drive to the hospital seems to be neverending. Red lights continuously mock me every few yards, but thankfully we're almost there.

My dirt stained car pulls up to the hospital's green curb. Uncle pushes his side door open and reaches behind him to scoop up his poor, deteriorating little girl. We rush inside, not having time to make adoring faces at the new parents, who are putting their babies in the car for the first time.

"We need a doctor!" Uncle shouts as soon as the hospital doors open. Three nurses immediately clutter around us, one takes my love into her arms. In reflex I reach out to take her back, but retract my arm quickly, and step away to let them do their job. "Please be careful with her." I beg them as they gently lay her on a stretcher.

"We'll take care of her, I'll make sure of it," one of the nurses with red curly hair, pulled back unto a bun, promises me.

The doctor bolts through the door and removes something from around his neck. He presses it to Riley's chest, "Heart rate is 54 and dropping." his voice fades as they make their way through the double doors of the ICU. My hand cups over my mouth as the other run tugs at my hair. My feet uncontrollably pace back and forth.

I turn to face my Uncle, his eyes are red and watery. He remains frozen, staring at those double doors. "Why don't we take a seat." I suggest resting my hand on his shoulder and guiding him to the brown cushioned chairs. Uncle sits with me, still in shock and fear.

"She'll be okay, she'll be okay." he repeatedly mutters. All I can do is cry....cry for him, cry for my aunt, cry for everyone. With my head down, I move my hand to rest on my Uncle's. 

"I never thought I'd have to go through this again." he blurts. His focus remains on the white speckaled floors as he ignores the tears streaming from his face. "I never expected to feel this much pain again."

After wiping my eyes again, I bring my head up to listen. "What do you mean?" I ask curiously.

He breathes deeply and begins to explain...

Jace's P.O.V.

"Do you have any relation with the suspect?" This is the third question this tall, mustached cop has asked me. Along with the other few questions, I shake my head, no.

"Listen, my sister is in the hospital fighting for her life right now. So for the love of christ, could we please do this later?" I sternly ask him.

"Oh, o-of course sir." I hear him reply as I walk to my car. All of the lights on the police cars' are lit up. Another cop is questioning that one guy who wounded Christian while fighting him. When I pass the last cop car, he is in it. I stare him down as I walk passed, he holds his sadistic grin the whole time.

It's a good thing the cops came when they did, or else I probably would have ended his pathetic life.

A couple of feet away I spot Liam, who is standing by the girl. "Liam!" I call out. He turns away from the small blonde girl who sits on the porch. His eyebrows raise as he searches for a face to match the voice, "Are you coming or what?" I ask.

"Uh...yes! Just one minute!" he shouts before turning back to the girl.

"For God's sake we don't have a minute!" Forget him, I'm not waiting. I start up my car and begin to drive to the hospital. Suddenly the passenger side door swings open and in jumps Liam. Without a word we continue down the road.

My sweaty hands are barely keeping a grip on the stearing wheel. I don't know what to expect when we arrive at the hospital, all I know is that she will make it through this....won't she? She has to, or else I don't know what I'll do without her.

Thanks to every green light, we made it here withing 20 minutes. The hospitals horrible smell invades my nose when we walk in. "Riley Johns-" I begin to tell the lady sitting at the desk.

"Jace!" my head snaps towards Kayden who speeds over to me. Liam and I follow him back to where he was sitting. On the way he explains that she has been in the ICU for over thirty minutes. My heart beats quickly when I take a seat next to my father. All I can do now is hope and pray for her survival.

A/N: A few more chapters left guys!! Thank you for your patience, my internet is up and running again! Woohoo! I have a lot of new ideas and I have been writing much more since summer has started, so maybe if I feel they're good enough, I'll post some new stories up for everybody! Be sure to vote and comment if you liked this chapter! Thanks guys! xoxo- Jade