Prologue

Prologue

"Mommy, can you tell us a bedtime story before we go to bed?" my little girl asks in all her four year old glory. I look down at her as she smiles at me with her front tooth missing, and her fathers eyes gazing back at me. 

"Of course sweat pea." I say while stroking her long, wavy, dark brown hair. I tell her to go pick a story from her book shelf but she doesn't get up.

"Can you tell us one of your own?" One of my own, hmmm. I think I have a pretty good story to tell. I call out for her twin, Jace. When I don't hear a response I walk next door to his room. I grin as I see him fast asleep in his bed. I walk over and kiss him softly on his cheek before pushing his shaggy light brown hair out of his face. 

"He looks just like you." I hear the love of my life say as he wraps his arms around my waist. He turns me around and smiles at me, "Same nose.." he says kissing my nose. "Same cheeks..." another kiss. "But my favorite, he has the same beautiful bright blue eyes as you." I smile and gently press my lips against his. "Riley is still waiting on that story you know?" he mumbles during our kiss.

"Well lets go give her the best story she will every hear." I say while walking out of Jace's bedroom. I hear his chuckle as he follows me into Riley's room. "Alright baby girl, time to get nice and cozy in your bed so mommy and daddy can tell you a story." She puts down her toys and runs over to her bed to get comfortable.

"Well don't forget Ellie The Elephant!" Josh says while tucking the stuffed pink elephant right next to Riley. She giggles and pulls the elephant snug to her body. 

"Okay, where to start...well once upon a time there were two people, a boy and a girl. At first they didn't like each other at all, but the boy wouldn't leave the girl alone! So the girl had to learn how to like the boy. They were always around each other, they never left each others side, and sooner or later, of course they fell in love." I pause and glance up to Josh who is smiling his big toothy smile that I adore.

"Then one day.." Josh cuts in. "The boy said to the beautiful girl, that he loves her more than anything in the whole world, then he gave her a pretty ring and promised her forever with him and-"

"She was so happy, that she did the same to him. They were so excited and couldn't wait to live the rest of their lives with each other. And because they loved each other so much, they decided to start a family. The girl told the boy that they were going to have a baby and the boy scooped the girl up in his arms and spun her around as they laughed and smiled at each other."

"So the day came that girl was going to have her baby, but instead of having one baby she had two!" Josh exclaimed throwing his arms in the air dramatically. Riley giggled and shuffled around in the bed. "The mommy and daddy were so happy to be having twins, but they noticed that the twins didn't look alike at all. That's when they figured out that one was a boy and one was a girl-"

"Just like me and Jace!!" Riley shouts excitedly.

"Shh, remember your brother is asleep baby. But yes, exactly like you and Jace. And guess what?" I ask.

"What mommy, what?!" she whisper yells.

"They looked just like you and Jace too! The baby girl had the same dark brown hair and beautiful green eyes, just as the boy had the same baby blue eyes and light brown hair." I tell her. She looks at me wide eyed, and grinning. "The new mommy and daddy were so excited about their babies, they couldn't wait to take them home and play with them. So now that their family was perfectly complete, they all lived happily ever after."