Chapter 5

Kayden's P.O.V.

I leave my brothers room, with my cell phone in my hand, ready to call her. The girl who is more frustrating than anybody I have ever met, the girl who is so fricken headstrong, but mostly she is the girl that I abosultely cannot live without. When I walk in my room I have my phone pressed to my ear, listening to the ringing. After a couple of rings I start to question whether she will ever pick up, and when it cuts to her voicemail my shoulders drop. I call back three more times, leaving a very awkward, nervous voicemail for each call. I start to panic, is she okay? What if something happened to her and I am not there to help her? A thousand 'what if's' rush through my mind and I find myself dialing Jace's number.

I gain some hope back when he answers on the third ring, "Hello?" he says, without any worry in his voice, which means that Riley is most likely okay.

"Hey Jace, do you know where Riley is?" I ask, rushing out my words. The other end is silence as I wait for his answer.

"Yeah, I do. Why do you need to know?" he asks with his voice full of annoyance. As much as I feel like I don't need to explain myself to him right now, I don't want to piss him off.

"It's important Jace, I need to talk to her okay?" I know he is her brother and everything, so he is super protective of course. But sometimes he needs to learn when it is none of his business and  to stay out of it, and this is one of those times.

"I don't think you deserve an answer. Riley is right to be ignoring you and I don't blame her for never speaking to you again." I stay silent as I listen to yet another person tell me that I basically don't deserve her. "But I am going to tell you anyway, because I am going to give you one chance to make things right with my sister, before I personally kick you ass. Got it?" He says with a stern tone. I know he isn't joking, he would probably kill me if I ever hurt her again. 

"Yes." I say bluntly. I feel relieved when he agrees to tell me where I can find her, and at this point I don't even know why I want to be with her but I just do. 

"She went to a party with one of her friends. Casey? Carly? Cou-"

"Chloe? She went to the party with Chloe?! And you just let her leave Jace??" I ask absolutely outraged. I know exactly which party she is at and if she is with Chloe then they are both up to no good. I hang up the phone and run down the stairs taking them two at a time. I leave the house not bothering to tell my parents where I am going, because that is the last thing that concerns me right now. I jump in my car and race down the streets knowing exactly where to go. 

During my long torturous drive I begin to think about what she could be doing right now. There is a shit load of alcohol there, I know for sure. And since this is Mike's party, I know there will be drugs. What concerns me the most is who she could possibly be with right now. I know she is with Chloe, who is so much trouble, she never misses a party, and ever time I see her she is either shit faced drunk or out of this world high. She hangs out with the grossest people, always letting guys feel her up and have their way with her. What if something happens to her? I swear if any guy there even thinks about touching her I will kill them in a heartbeat.

I pull up in front of the house party and park my car on the side of the road. When I reach the house steps of the house, I can hear the loud music blaring, making the walls vibrate. To my left is a girl puking her brains out on the grass while her other friend holds her hair back. I open the door and slowly walk in. Immediately I am handed a red cup with clear liquid. I smell it and know it is vodka, so I just set it down and keep walking, I am not here to get wasted. 

I push my way through the crowd of people in the kitchen and almost get knocked to the ground by two idiots who thought it was a good idea to have a wrestling match in the middle of the dining room. When I make my to, what appears to be the living room, I notice all the furniture is pushed back to create a dance floor. Tons of people are dancing, grinding, making out, and groping each other on the dance floor. Though I don't think Riley would ever be over here, I look anyway, I mean I never thought she would go to a house party, but here we are.