Chapter 16

Riley's P.O.V.

Each step I take towards the water, my nerves grow bigger and bigger. I look up at Kayden who still, like the gentleman he is, has his back towards me. I am now waist deep in the freezing cold river water when I come to a stop right next to him. My body begins to tremble trying to become comfortable with the water. We both stay silent for a few seconds, only the sounds of our nervous breathing fill the air. I close my eyes taking in the moment, until I feel his hand gently touch in between my shoulder blades and slide down to the curve in my back. I look over at him and giggle at the fact that his eyes are still closed.

I move to stand in front of him and he encourages my movement by wrapping his arms contently around my small waist and pulling me close to him. The skin on skin contact has me blushing within a matter of seconds. The warmth of his body causes goosebumps to arise all over me. I am able to feel every muscular curve of his torso when he squeezes me tightly. My hand reaches up to touch his smooth, shaven face. "It's okay." I whisper brushing my lips against his. "Open your eyes." I feel completely comfortable around him, and it's not like I am naked. He slowly opens his eyes and immediately locks them with mine, not daring to look anywhere else.

A part of me feels a little bit hurt that he isn't looking at me but another part feels safe. Safe that he truly loves me for who I am instead of what I have. With our bodies pressed together, he cups my right cheek and seems to be looking at every inch of my face. He doesn't and probably will never know this, but I hate it when he does that. Feeling insecure I quickly turn my face and stare at the moving water. "Why do you always do that?" he whispers. I look up at him and his eyes flash with hurt and sadness. What did I do? I look at him quizically, "Everytime I want to look at you...at your beautiful face, you always turn away from me. Why is that?"

I sigh in defeat, I honestly wish I had an answer for him, but I don't. I can't tell him that I am just an insecure teenage girl who can't even handle her boyfriend looking at her.  "I just wish you could see yourself through my eyes..."  His gaze leaves my face and goes to some irrelevant object. "Because if you could...you would understand how breath taking you really are...you would understand how much I really do love you." My eyes begin to water and my heart, for once, feels full. His thumb slowly glides across my face, whiping an unwelcomed tear. "Please don't cry" he tells me softly.

I look up at him as tears uncontrollably fill my eyes, "I'm sorry." I tell him, caressing his cheek.

"Don't be." he says with a lazy smile. He touches his forehead to mine and sighs deeply, blowing hot air against my lips. "Can I kiss you?" he whispers.

I smile up at him, "Since when do you ever ask?" he chuckles and presses his lips against mine. Our lips move with each other in a passionate kiss, as his arms pull me impossibly closer to him. I feel him sucking and playfully biting my top lip, receiving a gasp from me every now and again. I pull back from the kiss that leaves us both breathless, in desperate need of air, and he uses this time to wrap his arms around me in an attempt to heat my shivering body. I snuggle into him for a few moments, enjoying his soft strokes up and down my back. As much as I love being in this position, the cold seems to be winning this battle. 

I playfully duck under and out of his hold on me and quickly dive into the shallow water that becomes deeper and deeper as I swim. Excitement fills in my body at the fact that I know he is chasing after me right now. From under the water I hear him shouting my name and splashing around. If I wasn't swimming right now, I would so be laughing my butt off! "Get back here!" I hear him call, which only gets me to swim faster. I try to make my way through the water as best as I can with my eyes closed. I am tempted to open them but I know the darkness of the water will just freak me out. I have no clue how far out in the lake I have gone but it's far enough to where I can't see the shore. Come to think of it, I can't even see Kayden anymore...I thought he was right behind me?

I begin to panic, fear corses all throughout my body. "K-Kayden?" I call for him but there is no answer. My breathing gets heavier as I become more and more anxious. Oh crap, why am I so stupid? Who swims out to the middle of a lake, late at night? Apparently I do...Suddenly, strong hands grip my ankles and pull me down under. My heart is beating out of my chest as I try to scream but end up choking on the water. When I get a chance to surface, I enhale a huge breath of air and quickly open my eyes to face my attacker. Soft lips come crashing into mine, they lick and suck on my lower lip while sliding their hands up and down the sides of my torso. 

The familiar kisses and touches, allow me to come to grips that it is Kayden. Fear quickly leaves my body and is replaces with frustration and annoyance. With all of my might, I forcefully push his body away from mine. "What the hell Kayden?!" I shout at him. His face is in a state of shock, does he really not realise what he just did? "That wasn't funny! You scared the shit out of me, and almost drowned me!" I inform him. I know I need to calm down, but I have a right to be upset. 

"What? Oh god, I am so sorry baby." Kayden swims over to me and cups my face with his hand. When I realise he really had no idea what he did, I begin to feel bad for exploding at him like that. I am tempted to push him away but I know he didn't mean to, and I don't want to ruin our beautiful night together. He kisses me softly on the cheek before we swim closer to shore. "Are you okay love?" he asks me. I'm okay but payback is going to suck for him!

"I guess..." I simply reply keeping my head down. We stand there silently in the water, and just when he's not expecting it, I push him back into the water and grab the hem of his boxers. Yanking the clothing down his body, I eventually pull it completely off and begin swimming as fast as I can away from him. 

"Oh you are so going to get it!" I hear him say, as water begins to splash around. I know he is close, I can feel his movements next to me in the water. Unfortunately for me, I didn't swim fast enough this time. I feel his hands wrap around my hips and yank me backwards towards him. He begins to tickle me like an absolute freak, until I release his boxers. He quickly grabs them and puts them on, "Tsk tsk tsk...that was a naughty thing to do Riley." he teases. He starts to slowly walk towards me in the shallow water. I giggle like a mad woman and try to plan my escape, but it's to late! Kayden already has ahold of me and there is no way I am going to get out of this. "Take a breath." he tells me before quickly dragging us both under the water.

Next thing I know his lips are on top of mine for the billionth time tonight, but I don't mind. He pulls me against him and begins roaming my mouth with his tongue. His lips glide over mine as our tongues massage each others. It's a strange but satisfying feeling, kissing him under the water. He takes both of my cheeks in his hands and gives me one last and final kiss before I soon pull away, remembering that we are underwater, and I am not a fish. We resurface and catch our breaths. "I've always wanted to try that... think I like it." he grins.

"I never thought that kissing underwater would be on your 'to-do' list." I tease him.

He laughs, clapping his hands together like a seal, "Well if it makes you feel better, you are first on my 'to-do' list." he says with a wink, before swimming away. I stand there with my mouth open in shock, what just happened? I follow him back to the shore and quickly begin to put my clothes on, not caring if I am soaking wet. When I reach the blanket, I find Kayden already laying down waiting for me. "Are you okay princess? You look sort of flustered." he jokes. I try to fight back a smile while I playfully role my eyes at him. 

I grab a spare blanket and join him covering both of us up as soon as I lay down. I snuggle up against him to keep warm as we stare silently at the stars in the sky. Moments of comfortable silence pass, consisting of his random kisses to my lips, cheeks, and forehead. Thoughtlessly, he runs his hands through my hair, and pushes the strays away from my face. With my ear pressed against his chest and my arm around his torso, I listen to his heart beat and the sound of his soft breathing. 

I sigh contently, "I love you." we both speak.

A/N: Sorry for the wait guys, I couldn't figure out where I wanted to go with this chapter, but I got it! How is everyone?? I don't know about you all but I am stressed, depressed...but well dressed!! Lol, I hope everybody enjoyed this chapter and I will update as soon as I get the chance to. I wanted to thank everybody who has been so understanding with my schedule, I really appreciate it. Bless you all. I love you guys! xoxo-jade