Chapter 6

Riley's P.O.V.

I wake up to a pounding headache as I rub the sleep from my eyes. I know that I drank way to much last  night but I needed to let loose for once. I take a deep breath and force myself to sit up in my bed. "Did you sleep okay?" I hear a deep, sleepy voice ask. I look towards the sound and find Kayden laying in the bean bag chair. His brown hair is all tousled and his clothes look slept in but he still looks absolutely perfect.

"Did you sleep here last night?" I ask, my voice raspy from sleep. He nods his head yes and sits up in the bean bag. 

"I had to make sure you were okay." he explains, looking down at his hands. I watch as he stands up, fixing his wrinkled clothes and running his hands through his hair. He walks slowly towards my bedroom door with his hand tucked in his right front pocket.

"Since when do you care?" I bark, surprising even myself with my sudden sassiness. He stops in his tracks with his right hand on the door nob, then he slowly turns around. He quickly walks over to me, and stands at the side of my bed. I can see it in his face that he is hurt and angry but I just don't give a shit at this point.

"I've always cared." he whispers, bending down to be eye level with me. His sudden actions make me lightly gasp and I lean back as much as I can, to keep my distance. I am not allowing him to be this close to me anymore, I am not going through this again, at least not with him.

"Sure you have." I reply as I stand up from my bed. He backs up to give me some space, then I watch as his eyes rake down my body. I start to get nervous and look down at myself too. When I realise I have no pants on, just underwear, and a white see through tank top from last night, my cheeks immeditately begin flaming. I look back up at Kayden who is now biting his lip, his eyes are a dark grey color as he gazes at me. I quickly cross my arms over my chest to cover myself, and walk over to grab my robe that is laying at the end of my bed. 

Kayden steps in front of me, blocking my path. I look up at him annoyed and completely confused. He grabs both of my wrists and forces them down to my sides. "Never. Hide yourself from me." he states in a deep, lustful tone. Not trusting my voice to not crack, I just nod my head, yes. He takes my chin between his thumb and index and tilts my head upward so I have no choice but to look at him. I know what is coming next as he slowly leans closer to my lips. 

"Don't" I whisper as I put my hand on his chest and take a step back. As much as I long for his soft, gentle lips to be pressed against mine, we can't do this. 

"Riley...please." he begs as he looks down into my eyes. I feel my eyes begin to fill with tears as I try to fight the urge to kiss him. The constant reminder of what he has done to me sure helps. 

"You don't want this Kayden, you have Chelsea. I know you don't have feelings for me so please stop pretending that you do because I don't know how much more of this I can take." I say, fighting back tears. 

"You're wrong." he answers firmly. Suddenly he takes a step towards me, making me take a step back, but he grabs my hips and pulls me towards him, making our bodies press against each other. "You have no idea how I feel about you...How you make me feel." I can feel my heart beat excelerate as he slowly glides his fingertips up and down my arms, giving me goose bumps. I need to be strong, he can't have this much control over me. 

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, refering to his stupid little game he's playing. Does he really think that I believe him when he says he 'has feelings' for me? Trust me, I have learned my lesson and I will never go down this road again. He never answers my question, but instead he furrows his eyebrows and turns his head to the side. "I don't want your pitty, I know-"

"You don't know anything. You have no idea." Kayden harshly interupts me as he snaps his head back towards me to look me in the eyes. With his unpredictable attitude, I can't tell if he is angry or upset. I stare up at him, comprehending his words. "You don't know how hard it is to want something so badly, and not being able to have it because you know you are not good enough." he raises his voice. He squeezes the bridge of his nose to compose himself,"You don't know what it's like to have something so beautiful, so perfect, sitting right in front of you, and not being able to touch it." he finishes calmy.

I can feel my heart beating rapidly out of my chest as I listen to Kayden. He lets out a desperate whimper and lowers his head, so our lips are a breath apart, "You don't know what it's like to love somebody, so damn much..." he whispers, not finishing his sentence. He shuts his eyes tight and presses his lips harshly together, as if he is in pain. "Look, I know I've fucked things up with you Riley, and I can't even explain to you how sorry I am for that. But please...will you please...give me another chance?" Kayden asks, with begging eyes.

I feel my eyes begin to fill with water as I stare back at him, did he just tell me he loves me? I don't understand, he never bothered to call me or anything, then he shows up with that girl, and now we're here. In the middle of my bedroom, as Kayden practically begs for me to give him another chance. A chance for what though? We were never together, yes we kissed, but it was just a kiss, right? Does he just want to be friends with me? I don't know if I can handle just being friends with him. But then what was all of that he just said? That was about me...wasn't it?

As a billion thoughts race through my mind, I finally land on my decision. But, before I can let Kayden know, he backs away from and nods his head. "I understand." he mumbles. I become confused, until I watch him walk over to my door, he gently opens it and is about to walk out.

"Please...s-stay." I am able to say, as I still try to catch my breath. He lets go of the door handle and looks up at me, as if he is asking if I am sure. I show no signs of doubt or regret, and he walks back over to me. "We still have some talking to do." I tell him. He agrees and takes a seat on my bed. I continue standing, I have so many questions I want to ask him, but I just got him back and I don't want to upset him, so I go for the one question that has been on my mind ever since it happened. 

"Why did you kiss me?" 

A/N: So sorry for the long wait for the next update, this week has been quite eventful. What did you think of this chapter? I hope you liked it! VOTE COMMENT AND FAN! Thanks!!-jade