Chapter 12

Riley's P.O.V.

I stare at him in utter shock as I try to process what he just said. No sound escapes my dry lips, as I have suddenly forgotten how to speak. So many things are running through my mind...he just he loves me. Do I love him back? Well of course I do, I always have and that will never change. But allowing him to know just how much love I have for him would be emotional suicide. Yes, I am scared. Scared of him using my love for his advantage, pretending he feels the same and then when he is done, destroying every ounce of love I held for him.

I am pulled out of my thoughts by a pair of warm, soft lips that press delicately to my forehead. My mouth opens and closes, trying to form a sentence as I watch him rise up to his feet. With each step he takes, away from me, is another crack he makes in my heart. "wait..." I try to say but it comes out in barely a whisper. Surprisingly it was loud enough for him to stop in front of the pathway we took to get here. I watch as his shoulders rise and fall in a defeated sigh. He turns around and looks at me, expecting something to come out of my mouth. "I'm sorry..." is all I can think to say. 

A gentle smile forms on his lips, "Don't be sorry Riley, it's not your fault." There is no hint of anger or frustration in his voice, just pure hurt.  He turns away from me and continues to walk towards the pathway.

"Kayden..." I call after him. For some reason my feet are glued to the ground, I am unable to race after him. Luckily he stops for me again. 

"Riley please...don't do this." he whispers. My heart officially shatters into a billion tiny, helpless pieces when he turns around. Tears roll down his cheeks, staining his face, as new ones form in his light grey eyes. "I can't bare to stand here and pretend that you didn't just completely stab me in the heart. It's not your fault that you don't love me, it is my fault for believing that you actually could." he chokes out. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he tucks his hands into his pockets, something he has always done when he is nervous or uncomfortable. He stands there, waiting for me to speak, but before I can say anything, his back is already turned.

Tears form in my eyes as I begin to sob. I feel pathetic, and so stupid for letting him slip away from me. "But I do love you..." I choke out, assuming he has already gone. I fall to my knees with my face in my hands as I continue to cry. I cry out all of my emotions, anger, hurt, frustration, and emptiness. I try to catch my breath as endless sobs pour out of my ashamed body. I had one chance, one oppurtunity to explain  exactly how I feel about him, and I blew it. One moment, and I missed it.

I am suddenly startled as I feel a pair of large hands wrap gently but firmly around my tiny wrists. I am pulled up to my feet and held in a strong arm, as I feel too weak to even stand. My eyes connect with his and I bite my lip to prevent another tear from escaping. Unfortunately, my once effective method, now fails me as a tear leaks from my eye and rolls down my cheek. He brings his thumb up and softly wipes it away. "Please don't cry, precious." he says while gazing into my watery, puffy eyes. Why did he come back? I think to myself as I sniffle back the rest of my tears. "That's all I needed." he tells me.

I look at him confused, "What?" I ask with a hoarse voice.

"Your love." he whispers, his lips are now a breath apart from mine. In a matter of seconds, our lips are reaquainted. He brings his hand to the back of my neck to press me closer. My hands come up to tug at the end pieces of his hair. When he groans into the kiss, I can feel myself getting hotter and hotter for him. He brings his other hand to the lower part of my back, pressing me firmer against him. I feel him take my lower lip into his mouth and begin sucking, hard. I moan in pleasure as his lips continue to massage mine. His hands slide further down my back and over my butt to finally rest on the backs of my thighs. "Jump." he speaks through the kiss.

I move my hands down to grip his shoulders and jump up, wrapping my legs tightly around his waist. He walks with me backwards until I feel something firm and rigid pressing against my back, the roughness of this object allows me to assume it is a tree. He attacks my lips once again, this time with much more aggressiveness than before. Our tongues glide over each other in hunger as I begin to grind myself onto his lower half. He groans in pleasure, causing him to press me harder against the tree. I repeat my actions, recieving another satisfied grunt from him. "You're going to kill me Ri." he mumbles against my lips, causing me to smile into the kiss.

He kisses down my jaw until he begins his assault on my neck. I moan as soon as he finds that one spot that absolutely drives me wild. He begins to suck and lightly nip at that spot until he pulls back unexpectedly. "We have to stop." he whispers breathlessly while resting his forehead against mine. I try to catch my breath to answer him. "I'll lose control if I keep going." he admits. I grin at his honesty and peck him on the lips one last time before unwrapping my legs from his waist. 

He laces his fingers in mine before we walk down the dirt path. We must have been here for quite some time because I can barely see where I am going as we make our way out. When we reach the car finally, I pull out my phone to check the time. "Wow, it's already five o'clock" I mumble to myself.

"Yes it is. Which means you only have about an hour and a half." Kayden smiles as we begin the short drive back to my house. 

"Until what?" I ask confused.

"Until our first official date." he grins. A huge smile makes its way to my face as excitement fills my body. 

"Date?" I giggle, trying to control myself.

"That's right baby. So hurry up and get ready!" he tells me. I realise we are already parked outside my house and quickly unbuckle my seatbelt to quickly get out of the car. "Wait! Not so fast!" he says while grabbing my wrist. I turn back around to face him and he collides his lips to mine, but it ended as soon as it began. "Okay love, you may go." 

I giggle before getting out of the car. Before I make it half way up the drive way I hear Kayden role down his window. "Try not to look too beautiful. I need to be able to last the night without wanting to-"

"Kayden!" I shout, purposely cutting him off. We both laugh before he gives me one of his cocky winks and drives away. I frantically run up stairs in desperate search of the perfect outfit to wear. Tonight is going to be unforgettable, I just know it.

A/N: There is chapter 12 that everybody has been wanting! I tried to update sooner for you guys, so I hope this was soon enough. Let me know what you thought about this chapter! Also I am leaving it up to you guys for the next P.O.V. should it be Riley, Kayden, or even Lila and Josh, it's up to you guys so go ahead and pick! One more thing, The Locker is now PUBLISHED, so if you want a copy, just go to lulu.com and purchase a copy of your own! Thank you guys so much and I LOVE ALL OF YOU! -Jadexoxo