Chapter 23

Kayden's P.O.V. (that same day)

It was so hard sitting there today not being able to kiss her, or even speak to her. Why did she have to start talking to different people she barely knew, specifically guys. I'm just lucky it was Liam she chose to talk to, he knows what the boundaries are with her. I know I can trust that kid whenever, he's a good bro to have around. We haven't really hung out lately which I regret because I could really use a friend to talk to right now. It's not like I can talk to Flinn about this stuff, he wouldn't understand. I don't need anybody anyway, I can deal with this shit on my own.

The pieces of my already shattered heart, feel like they are shattering again and again, each time I think of her beautiful face. Nobody could ever tell how broken and empty I feel inside as my composed body cruises down the road, almost to my house. Back to a dark, cold room, with a few half empty or empty bottles of alcohol. Tonight will be no different from the others, drinking away my thoughts but never the pain, forgetting my own name, but never forgetting hers. I look foward to when the liquor gets to me, when my body is so poisoned I can no longer stay awake, but that's okay because passing out is the only way I am able to be with her again. 

The lifelong journey from my highschool to my house has finally ended. My feet carry me passed my mother's 'overjoyed that you're home' face, up to my room. The unusual odor is gone as well as the hollow bottles from last nights festivities. I feel a wave of amelioration wash over me for a split second until I notice the three holes in the wall. I did that...ironically they are placed around mine and Riley's adolescent handprints. I remember when we made those, we were 7 and she wanted to help me paint my room. It was her idea to add our handprints, she insisted my room needed a 'special something', and it's not like I'm going to say no to her. 

The memory plays in my head as my weak smile proves that the only happiness I have left is the memories I shared with her. I don't care if I come off as a dramatic, loved up fool. If anybody has ever experienced any kind of heartbreak at all, multipy that by infiniti. But even then, that doesn't compare to the pain that I am enduring. A part of me is missing, without her, a part of me will always be missing. Having to go through the rest of my life watching her be with somebody else...love somebody else...it's unimaginable to me.

I always figured I would be that guy. I would open that door for her, I would watch her walk towards me in a cascade of white. It would be me kissing her goodnight, every night, wrapping my arms around her perfect body, not being able to fall asleep until she does. How do we go from inseperable to divided? The action is easy, but the concept is more challenging than anything I have ever experienced in my life. 

The coolness of the pillow is soothing as I lay against it. When my lids close shut, the only thing I hear is my breathing again. My focus remains on this, to hopefully drown out my thoughts. 

Riley's P.O.V.

It was difficult to breathe as a tight piece of cloth was wrapped around my mouth. The only air I was getting was from the small hole of the bag that was forcefully placed over my head. If he doesn't take this thing off of me, I know I will pass out. My wrists bound by harsh rope that continue to pinch and chafe at my skin. I can feel the warm blood seeping from the side of my head, I shouldn't have fought him to get into the car. The drive is silent, and smooth, I can tell we are still on the concrete road of our small town. The pain doesn't seem so intense at the moment, most likely because fear has taken over every inch of my body. Am I going to die? I can't die, not without saying everything I need to say to everybody. 

I need to tell my mom thank you for always being there for me, same for my dad, and I love them both so much. I need to say to Jace how greatful I am to have such an adoring twin, who I love and who loves me unconditionally. I wish I could apologise to any of my old friends, for losing contact with them. And to Kayden...there were so many things left unsaid, including the most important thing. No, not I love you, though I do...so much, I know he already knows that. No, I wish to say to him just one thing, I'm sorry...

Sorry for not fighting hard enough for such a love so strong. For letting him go so easily. For not telling him how much he means to every single day, I'm sorry. 

The overwhelming feeling of pain, sadness, and regret temporarily take up some space next to my permanent fear. I do my best to force those feelings back, to force my tears back. I don't know what is going to happen or how this is going to end. But one thing I can be sure of, is that I will fight as hard as I can to get through this, to survive. "Where are you taking me?!" I scream as loud as I can. My words are muffled by the cloth and cloaked by the bag. I've asked this question probably for the eleventh time since he through me in here. There is no use, all I get is silence.

This drive is like an explosive, counting down the minutes I have left. I feel thankful that it's taking so long, I do not wish to stop because if we do, I can only imagine what is next to come. When the smooth road unexpectedly turns bumpy and unpleasant, I figure we are no place I have ever been before. We're on dirt, rough, bumpy, rugged dirt.  I can feel the rope already slowly loosening on my sore wrists,  as I continue to try and wriggle my way out. Suddenly I feel the car come to a screeching holt. My heart stops, this is it I guess....

A/N: So I know this chapter is a bit short but I wanted to upload tonight for you guys. I'm sorry for the wait, I've been trying to be consistent with the updates but it's hard, I have a lot of things going on. Anyway, there are only a few chapters left, so sad :( keep reading, voting, commenting, all the things you guys do to make my day. I promise I will try to update ASAP! I love all of you! Thank you! - Jade :)