Chapter 2

After saying goodnight to my mom, I go upstairs to my room to take a shower. When I open the door I see Kayden sitting on the floor, leaning up against my bed. He keeps his focus on the dark wooden floors, as I quickly pass by him without saying a word. 

As soon as I am in my bathroom, I feel relieved that I am alone, for now at least. I turn on the shower and strip out of my bright yellow sundress and undergarments while I wait for the cold water to heat up. Once I am satisfied with the water temperature, I step into my oversized shower. I unexpectedly release a big sigh as I let the warm water cascade over my body. As I begin to lather up my hair with cinnamon scented shampoo, my mind wanders. I start to think about how fun this summer has been with all of my friends, it has also been a tad bit different. With Kayden being on vacation, we haven't really spent a whole lot of time together and I have missed him quite a lot. Today was the first time I have seen him in about two months and I totally screwed it up.

I know tonight is going to be pretty awkward with him, I just hope we can get back to normal soon, or at least figure out what the hell is going on between us. I cover my legs with shaving cream that smells of cinnamon as well, I have a thing for cinnamon, it has always been my favorite sent. I quickly shave my legs and rinse under the water again to be sure I have no more soap or shaving cream on me.

I turn off the comforting warm water, only to be slapped with the ice cold air when I open the curtain. I step out of the shower and walk over to the towel hook, only to find that there is no towel for me to use. Of course this would happen, "You have got to be kidding me." Did I seriously forget to grab a towel before I got in the shower?! Sometimes I just can't believe myself. I stand in the middle of my bathroom, freezing, wet, and not to mention naked!! I try to think of a way to get a towel without having to run into Kayden. Maybe I can text my mom to see if she..crap my phone is downstairs on the kitchen counter. Well I guess I could just call for Kayden and ask if he could bring one over to me? I think that is my only option...

I hide behind the door as I slowly open it, "..Uh..Kayden..?" I say embarrassed. Unfortunately there is no answer so I try again, this time speaking a little louder, but still no response. I guess if he isn't even out there then I could just run to my closet and grab a towel? But what if he is out there and he fell asleep? I could still go out there if I am super quiet, but it is way too risky. I don't know what to do...

You know what? Screw it! This is my room and if I need a damn towel then I will go and get one, naked or not. When I finally muster up the courage to run out of my bathroom, I bolt towards my closet. The wetness of my body leaves a trail of water on my floor and I feel goose bumps arise on my skin as the air hits me, making me even colder. I feel relieved that I made it as I reach for the closet door handle. But that feeling of relief is soon replaced with a feeling of complete horror as I see the handle jiggle without me even touching hit. Oh shit...

The door swings open, hitting me in the head and knocking me harshly to the cold ground. I begin to moan in pain as I feel blood oozing down the side of my head, and the aftermath of me hitting the ground sure doesn't help. I look up in a daze hoping to find anybody other that who I know it already is. Instead I find Kayden's wide grey eyes, staring at me with his mouth open like a cod fish. I rub my head and try to fight back the tears, not from my recent injuries, but from the undeniable humiliation.  Kayden's eyes roam my bare body, and I quickly bring my arms up to cover my self. "Fuck..." I hear him whisper breathlessly.

"Leave!!" I yell, which seems to bring him back to reality.

"Shit Riley. Are you ok-"

"I'm fine just get out!!" I shout at him as I move to stand up and run past him inside the closet, slamming the door shut behind me. "Holy shit that did not just happen...please tell me that did not just happen..oh god, oh god, oh god.." I say to myself. I grab a towel and secure it around my shivering body, then grab a small wash cloth to hold on my forehead to stop the bleeding. I replay over and over again what just happened, in my head. Him hitting me with the door, me falling on my butt, his face when he realised that I wasn't...decent.