Chapter 25

Kayden's P.O.V.

"I have no idea, but her bag and keys and everything were still there, even her shoes." I try to balance my phone between my ear and shoulder while driving and explaining to Jace that his sister is missing. I'm on my way home from her house now frantically looking for clues to wear she could be. Jace begins to babble on while my mind backtracks up until the last few moments I saw her. She was walking to her car in the school parking lot, books in hand. Her long dark hair was being lifted by the wind in front of her face. Just as she was about to get in somebody stopped her. Liam. 

They talked for a few minutes and she laughed, her smile was bright but nothing compared to how I can make her laugh and smile. Nothing happened after that, they said their goodbye's, Liam kept his head by not accepting her hug. As soon she drove off, my car was right behind hers. But I didn't follow her home, I assumed she would make it there just fine.

"Have you even tried calling her cell phone?" Jace's tone snaps me from my thoughts. Without an answer back, or even a warning, my thumb presses the red button ending the call. My fingers immediately begin dialing Liam's number.

"Hello?" He answers after four long rings.

"Liam, I need your help." Panic is clear in my voice. He begins asking questions in confusion. Moments pass and he is finally all caught up witht the whole situation. "I need you to tell me exactly what you guys were talking about when you were by her car today. Did she tell you where she was going?" I question.

"No I walked up to her to apologize for being short with her earli-"

"Why were you short wi...nevermind it doesn't matter. I just need to find her and I need you to help me. Please." I practically beg. Of course he's on board already.

"I'm gon'na call you back alright?" Before I could answer, the line went dead. The anger inside me builds until my body is about to explode. I have no idea where she is, and no clue where to even start looking for her.

"Fuck!!" I yell, followed by my fists banging against the steering wheel, causing my phone to fall in my lap. My car is now back in the driveway of my house, I can't bring myself to get out just yet. Instead all of my built up emotions come tumbling out through curse words, and unwanted tears. My hands begin to tremble while letting my head rest in them. As my breathing returns back to normal, I allow myself a few moments of silence with closed eyes. I start to think about who Riley was with this past week.

What was she doing?

Who would want to hurt her?

Why did they take her from me?

Am I the reason she's in this position?

My mind races, question after questionThese questions I don't have one solid answer for. I feel like all I have been doing for the past hour and half is going around in circles, always ending up in the exact same place that I started.

Suddenly I feel a very jolting vibration on my right thigh, the distraction pulls me from my torturous thoughts. My phone is buzzing like crazy, it's probably Liam or Jace. When the screen shows an unknown number, at first I hesitate. Something in my gut forces my thumb across the screen of my phone, bringing it up to my ear. Complete silence comes from both of our ends. I wait and listen for a voice. "Given up yet?" The low, raspy voice has my face pale white within seconds. Christian. The hairs on my arms and neck arise, causing my spine to tingle and body to shudder.

I should have known he was behind this, I should have been more careful. "What have you done to her?" My voice is shaky and unstable, he knows he hit a nerve with taking Riley. I feel like I want to punch myself repeatedly for letting this happen to her, but I choose to save all of anger for Christian. He wanted me at my weakest, and that's exactly what he got. There is no answer to my question, instead all I hear is a bunch of shuffling around as if he is crinkling paper. My patience is wearing very thin, I need to get to her as soon as possible.