Chapter 17

Riley's P.O.V.

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing wildly, when I open my sleepy eyes I realise I am not at home. I look around and see the lake and a sleeping Kayden lying next to me. I pull my phone from my pocket and avoid the call, it was just Jace. The time has me a little panicked as it's almost twelve, which is about two hours past my curfew. I know both mom and dad are not home, they never come home until around three-ish whenever they go out with auntie and uncle Tanner. My phone beeps letting me know that I have recieved a voicemail, I know it's Jace so I decide to listen to it later. 

I lean over and stare at Kayden as he sleeps peacefully, his breathing is soft and his lips are slightly curved up in a small grin. I reach my hand up to lightly run my fingers through his soft hair, and press a gentle kiss to his shaven cheek, and then down to his jawline, eventually trailing to his neck where I pepper kisses all along him. An unexpected groan escapes his lips and I stare up at his closed eyes as I try not to giggle. "Hey...wake up." I whisper as I nudge him slightly. He groans and grabs me quickly to roll me over underneath him.

"Just go back to sleep." he says with a grumpy tone. He has never been a morning person. If only I had a blow horn right about now....no that ended badly last time, with me covered from head to toe in flour. Instead, I think of a much more affective way to wake him up. I wiggle my arms free from his grasp but still keep my body closely pressed to his. I slowly run my hands from his pecks to his mid torso to the bottom of his toned stomach, just above his underwear line. I sudden gasp escapes me when I feel his hand wrap around one of my wrists, just tight enough to make me jump. "What do you think your doing?" Kayden asks with a sexy smirk playing on his lips, still keeping his eyes shut. 

"Trying to wake you up." I whisper in his ear in a way that I hope was seductive. He chuckles and sedatedly opens his beautiful light grey eyes.

"You're very clever princess." he winks and steals a kiss from my blushing cheeks. "But giving me a hard on still won't make me wake up." My mouth forms an "O" as shock takes over my face with his unexpected bluntness.

"Kayden!!" I shout nudging him away from me, this only makes him grab me tighter. His fingers begin their attack on my mid torso, causing me to erupt in uncontrollable laughter. My body begins to squirm from side to side as I struggle for a gasp of air. 

"That is what you get for waking me up!" he says over my barks of laughter. I try to fight back by tickling him, but I guess he was too clever because both my hands ended up pinned over my head as he continued to tortue me with his evil fingers.

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry!" I surrender. He firmly grips my hips to roll me on top of him as I let out a few more giggles. He stares at me for a few moments until finally tucking a loose strand of hair softly behind my ear. Suddenly, the mood changes from humorous, to passionate in a matter of seconds. His sedated movements are tortorous, but finally he guides my lips to meet his. His lips are soft and moist as they move in sync with mine. Just before the kiss was about to get too steamy, we both pull back, breathing quite heavily.

Kayden kisses my forehead and then my cheeks before finally pecking me one last time on the lips. We both stand up and pack all of the plates and leftovers back in the basket. Kayden grabs the blankets and we both put it all in the trunk. "So I guess I have to take you home now." he says with sadness clear in his voice. I giggle, he acts like we will never see each other again.

"Aw don't worry, I will see you tomorrow. I know how hard it must be to stay away from me, I am just so irresistable." I laugh while flipping my hair over my shoulder like a priss. 

"Oh yes. I will especially miss all of that sass you give me." he jokes. I stick my tongue out like a five year old and Kayden almost instinctively grabs it with his fingers. My eyes widen in shock, "Be careful with that tongue of yours baby, it could get you into some trouble one day." Kayden lets go of my tongue with his face mere centameters from mine. I am too in shock to fire at him with a wicked comeback. That sent my heart racing, and oddly turned me on a bit.