31

Lucy's POV

"Shhh. Liam I can't do this here." A muffled voice hushed, interrupting my slumber. I shifted and moaned a little whimper. Silence fell as I kept my eyes shut, wanting the voices to continue their conversation. "Lucy?" Harry questioned from where the voices had been heard. I didn't answer, just kept my head buried into the pillow, breathing in its fibers.

"I'm just thinking they should get to know each other." Liam stated, trying to convince Harry to do something. My brother was pretty stubborn when it came to things he didn't want to do. I had learned that the hard way.

"Ok. Ok. Fine. I just don't want Emily to feel like she has to be best friends with her." Harry admitted. Oh no, they weren't discussing what I think they were, were they? Was I going to have to 'get to know Emily?' hopefully they could also be talking about Lottie too. But then Liam wouldn't have come to Harry. Shit. "I'll talk to her about it today." Harry whispered. I heard the door shut after their conversation and footsteps came to my side. "Lucy?" Harry shook me awake as I fluttered my eyes open. I mumbled something I didn't remember. "Hey babygirl how was your sleep?" he smiled, acting like he didn't just have a serious conversation about me.

"It was fine." I whispered. "I'm going to take a shower and go for a walk." I wiggled out of his arms, leaving him with a flash of pain, not what I intended.

"Ok, but don't go far and make sure to dress warm and dry your hair." He bossed. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah whatever mom." I chuckled and made my way to the bathroom before I was stopped at the doorway.

"Hey, when you get back I need to talk to you about something. So don't pull anything today, please." Harry spoke firmly and I nodded intently to say that I was listening and going to obey him. A shower is really what I need. That is always what I need, time to think and organize my aberrant thoughts, even though I never really got anything figured out. I waited for the mirror to fog consistently just so I could write my list. Whenever the mirror would fog, I would make a list of things that I wanted for myself. Just so I could keep my hopes close. I swept my finger across the chilling glass-like surface, ignoring the marks and half letters from the unfulfilled wishes of past days. I let the hot water prance upon my back as I let out a sigh of relief. Soon, after 45 minutes, I wallowed out of the shower, hoping to leave my worries behind. But not even God could do that. I entered my shivering bedroom, pleasantly surprised to hear nothing but silence. After I was dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt, I scampered over to the front door. Before anyone could notice, I darted outside, letting the freezing weather hit me like a stack of bricks. Cold, calming, bricks. I left my hair wet, who cares about wet hair? It's not like I've ever gotten sick from it. I made my way through the upcoming forest, stepping and cracking a few branches left on the ground until I stumbled upon my tree.

This is tree was no ordinary tree, it was special. In the middle of the forest it sat, grazing in glory. It had the perfect branch a few feet above my height and it wasn't near anything else. The other trees had carved a perfect circle around it, making it at least 15 feet before you could touch the tree if you were in the forest. I sighed, running to it and climbing limb by limb to meet my soon-to-be friend. Laying my head down to gaze up at the clouded sky, I began to think. That's all I ever did really, think.

Several minutes went by before I closed my eyes, breathing the frigid air into my lungs, escaping out my mouth. I opened my eyes to examine the fogged puff of air when I felt something wet and cold drop on my unprotected hand. I snapped my head up to find small white ringlets descending from the sky. It had started to snow. I smiled to myself about moments like these. I wish I could stay here forever. Here, there was nothing to worry about, nothing to disturb me, nothing to stress the hell out of me. The snow started gathering up, sticking to every surface it landed on and all I could think about was how beautiful it was. I was freezing but I didn't care. It was worth seeing this. Trees started to become infested with a white glimmer, leaving a falling silence for you to dream about. I closed my eyes again for a while, making sure not to drift off, knowing if I did, it would be dark when I awoke. When I opened them minutes later, everything was white. Snow was covering everything. What was once a peaceful drift of snow, had become a downpour of large cotton balls. Still, the silence remained. Snow harder I thought to myself It was as if someone heard me and my wishes were granted. The beautiful scenery had become fogged with an immense white sheet. The snow was coming down more and more, it was becoming frightening almost. The intensity of my situation raised as my heart started to pound out of my chest. The once beautiful silence had become an eerie cry for noise. I lifted myself off the branch, thinking to head home but too caught up in my emotions. It was all too terrifying, too intense, too lonely.