14

Lucy's P.O.V.

I threw myself on my bed and sat up, tears brimming around my eyes, threatening to ruin my mascara. I quickly took the side of my finger and swept them away, preventing them from falling down my face. I got up from where I sat comfortably on my bed to go to my desk by my bed. My fingers trembled as I got out my drawing pad from the shelf. I quickly ran to the window, looking for something interesting to draw. I was never a great artist but I wasn't terrible and Zayn has been giving me lessons in his free time. I sat on the window sill and tried to keep my balance as I glared out the window at nothing but a bare parking lot and trees down to the right. A red glimmer caught my eye as I leaned in closer, trying to figure out what this strange this could be. It was moving closer and closer until I finally made out that it was a lone cardinal, no partner. But it didn't seem to care. It didn't have any worries, nothing. I wished to be that bird, just to fly away from your problems and never return. I sat staring, listening to its familiar song. I sketched the bird quickly, hoping it wouldn't fly away and leave me with only half a body on my white paper. No more than a 5 minutes past when I was finished. The cardinal still sitting on the branch, I suddenly became angry. I was too jealous of that bird. I didn't want to see it, it had nothing to worry about, and its life is too easy. Unsure of what I was doing, I opened the window and the sudden motion scared the bird back into its natural world, flying, mocking me. Why must my life be so hard? I looked down at my drawing and added a few loose feathers to the bird to make it ordinary, not like the one I actually saw out the window. But like the one I would be if I were a bird, messed up, just like me now. Too angry with myself, I jumped from the window sill and put my things on my desk. When I was walking past the window to get my phone that lay still on my bed, I noticed something terrifying. A deep red liquid sat on my window still, where I had been before. I gasped and checked myself. Nose bleed? No. Scratch on my arm? No. Cut from shaving? No. I was just about to freak out when I felt my pants. That red stuff was coming from me! No, this couldn't be happening. It just can't! Not now! My tears started pouring out as I ran to my built in bathroom. I stripped off my pants and my underwear. They were completely destroyed. "SHIT!" I yelled. Instantly covering my mouth, I grabbed toilet paper and started to clean the mess from the window sill. Finally, it was gone and I ran back to the bathroom. What was I going to do? I never had my period before! I don't have any supplies! I grabbed my phone and texted Lottie immediately. What the fuck was I supposed to do?

"Lottie! I just got my period. What the fuck is happening, I'm crying, and I don't have any supplies! What do I do?!?!?!" I swiped my fingers across the screen, frantically trying to get my message down. With in 30 seconds, there was a reply.

"LUCY, its ok, just calm down. Put on some new underwear, new pants, and I promise its going to be ok. I know this is going to be awkward but just ask the boys to go to the store and just pick up some pads. They will understand. Trust me, Louis has done this before." She answered. I threw my phone on my bed, doing what she told me, changing my clothes but stalling to go out and ask the guys. HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO ASK THEM A QUESTION LIKE THAT?!?! Tears continued to come rolling down my cheeks and I wiped them away, clearing my face with cold water from the sink. I paced around the room, trying to build up the courage to go out and ask Harry. He was my brother and I'm not telling anyone else. Maybe Niall, but only if I have to. Slowly, I turned the knob on my door and walked down the hall, where I could see directly into the main room. An of course, with my luck, there were all the guys. As I entered where they were sitting around the TV, I tugged at Harry's shirt. He turned around instantly and smiled. I almost felt bad for making him leave his comfortable place on the couch.

"H-Harry? Can I talk to you privately?" I asked timidly. As soon as I uttered the word 'privately' all of them looked at me. Nosey bastards. I glared at every one of them.

"Sure love, what's wrong?" he questioned as he quickly got up from the couch and walked me back into the dark hallway. I lingered around, not wanting to say what I needed. He kneeled down and I suddenly found the floor very fucking interesting as I had been staring at it. "Lucy, is this just one of your little pranks because I am really not in the mood for another one." He declared. I shook my head.

"No! I promise. Please Harry." I pleaded, trying to get him into his sincere mode.

"Well then what is it babygirl? You can tell me anything, I promise." He convinced. I nodded and opened my mouth, not making eye contact.

"We need to go to the store. I need to get some things." I stated unconfidently. This was so embarrassing! He was a guy!

"What? We just went there." He titled my chin up to my eyes met his. Suddenly, he gasped. "OH. OH. Umm, okay. A-are you okay?" he questioned, awkwardly clearin his throat. HOW THE FUCK DID HE KNOW? I slowly nodded my head and looked down as my face turned bright red. He smiled. Why? Was he expecting this or something? "Lucy, its ok. We will go to the store and get supplies. This is a good thing!.....right?" he exclaimed. I gave him a weird look. This was supposed to be awkward for him! Why is he being all sisterly?!

"No its not! This is terrible! Now can we go already?" I asked with attitude. I was kinda on a time limit here. He chuckled and nodded. We headed into the main room and I grabbed my gloves to keep me warm. I looked like shit but I didn't care as I pulled my jacket over my head.

"Hey. Where you guys going?" Liam chimed in. I glared at him.

"Some where." I said angrily.

"Relax Lucy, they all have sisters, they know how this works. And Niall is a girl in a way." Harry joked. I cracked a smile. They were all looking over at us now.

"We are just going to the store." I stated, not wanting to tell them.

"Why? We just went there." Niall questioned. I looked up at Harry and signaled him not to tell every one.

"CUZ LUCY GOT HER PERIOD!" he yelled loudly and smiled as everybody else grinned at me. I felt the heat rise to my face and I punched Harry in the side.

"Why did you have to do that?" I screamed. The guys started laughing. Why was this so funny to them?!?!

"Don't worry Lucy, its normal! Good luck Haha." Louis chuckled. I smiled a bit, trying to convince myself that it happens to every girl.

(Skip the store)

"Thanks Harry." I admitted as we walked into the bus.

"No problem kiddo." He uttered. "And um, by the way, I did you math homework for you. Just to help your day." He stated. I instantly lit up. Now I didn't have to worry about it.

"Oh thank you thank you thank you!" I repeated. "I love you Harry!" I put my arms around his body and squeezed hard.

"Anything for my baby." He smiled and patted my back. Now all I had to do was survive this blood for 5 days or so, and wait for Lottie to come in 6 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so my real story is kinda like this. I'm just glad nobody knows me on here! I was with my older brother and his 5 friends because he was watching me while my parents were away on business. so I was around eleven and I went to the bathroom and of course, it happened. so I literally had to walk out and ask my brother to got to the store. my brother is really understanding and stuff, but it was just soooooo awkward. And he of course, had to announce it to everybody, they all just started laughing as I turned bright red. and now every time I get mad at him, he says: "Oh I guess its that time of the month again." and he annoys the shit out of me. But for a 22 year old guy, he's a pretty cool brother to have.