19

ok so before you start, I want you to know there will be ANOTHER flashback in this story. sorry haha but I don't know why I love writing them its just weird idek! ok, continue!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy's P.O.V.

I was dragged out of my peaceful slumber by Niall's phone ringing off the side table. He rolled over from cuddling me and grabbed his phone. "Hello?" he answered his voice still raspy from the morning. "Uh huh, yes that's correct. Ok, bye." He hung up his phone and threw it towards the end of the bed. I watched as it made a significant dent in the white feather comforter. I gave him a confused look as to who was on the phone. "It was just management confirming we had a signing today." He replied, getting out of the warm embrace. I groaned and rolled my eyes at the remembrance of the last signing I was dragged to: Boring and long. "I know, they are boring to you, but please make the best of it. You know we try to make you happy there." Niall pleaded. I rolled out from the under the covers and stared at him as guilt filled my mind. It always go to me when they said 'We always try to make you.....' somehow, they discovered my weakness. But I wasn't about to tell them that, or anyone that.

"Why can't I just stay here? I'm 13, you know." I asked, still hoping they would change their minds. Fully clothed, he came over to me and knelt down, still a few inches taller than me. He took my hand and brought his gaze to my eyes.

"Now you know that we trust you, but we can't leave you here alone for more than three hours. That's just irresponsible. And we promised..."

"And we promised your mother that we would keep you safe, so you will just have to come with us little Lucy." I took the lead of his lecture. "I've heard that a million times Niall." I joked and rolled my eyes.

"Then why do you keep asking to stay?" A voice from the doorway chuckled. I peered over Niall to see Zayn leaning against the white paneling, wearing his light wash skinny jeans, batman shirt, and leather jacket. I gave my sassiest look to him. He snickered and walked in to where we were all standing.

"Because ZAYN," I made a clear point of making his name louder than the rest of my sentence so he would know that I wasn't originally going to respond to him. "I hope that one day, I can break you and you'll let me stay." I concluded, looking up at him. It sucked not being tall enough to be taken seriously. He continued chuckling.

"Niall and I made up." I admitted, changing the subject quickly and wrapping an arm around Niall's waist.

"I know, first of all, you two are in the same room with each other and NOT screaming. And second, we all came in here earlier and saw you two snuggled together, sleeping." He answered in his best know-it-all tone. I stood up next to him with my arms crossed on my chest and glaring up at him. Still, he laughed. UGH. Can I ever be intimidating? Just once? Well maybe a 6 foot 21 year old guy wasn't the place to start. "Why don't you go get ready? Get in the shower and pick out something nice to wear." Zayn instructed, putting his hand on my back to get me going towards the door. I trudged to the door. "And I mean something nice, Lucy. Not your old track shirts and jeans." He retorted. I glared at him. Don't push it Zayn, don't push it. "Hey, change your attitude along with your clothes please." Zayn warned, pointing his finger directly at me. I turned around and continued to walk out, rolling my eyes at him. I dragged myself into my bathroom and quickly got into the warm shower, water flooding my brown hair. After completing my "shower activities", I put on my purple polka dot robe and combed all the knots out of my messy hair, letting droplets pour onto the tile floor. I started applying my makeup. First, a foundation to match my skin color, then I dashed on some face powder (just to conceal some blemishes) and I curled my eyelashes, making sure to apply the mascara on directly after so they wouldn't settle. I rolled on smoky eyeliner to my bottom water line, stabbing myself in the eye once or twice. Deciding I looked decent, I went into my room, connected to my bathroom and planned to pick out my clothes. On my bed, I found a simple green, knee length dress with a bright yellow sticky note placed in the middle. (Dress on the side).