Chapter 32: I Know You

After a few restful, work-from-home-filled, and sexless days (damn her period - we finally got to do it again today); we were finally getting settled in our new life together. I'm currently in the studio waiting for Leo to come help me on my currently rough lyrics about Ivy and my fight and for me to work on his currently rough melody for two of the songs off our next album.

Yesterday we had another band meeting with our label and got the official go ahead for a March recording. I felt guilty but I made Ivy come with me. Since everything fell apart I've needed her there all the time. Today she had to meet with people in person so we were separated somewhat more. But she'd been there at the meeting to hear about the plans and she hadn't run for the hills. That was a good sign.

So now that we knew our timeline, the pressure was on. We only had one song completed and that one would be recorded the first week in December as a single. I hadn't told Ivy about it yet but was planning on giving the rough copy to her for Hanukkah.

She's been working her sëxÿ little ärsë off to get the London branch off the ground before she meets with the blog owner at Thanksgiving in Boston. She's spending today holding interviews for writers and editors and assistants. Because the new office is still being secured, she's doing interviews out of her office at home. Making me glad that I sound proofed our basement as well as bought a security system to put in. It's also being finished today. Thankfully. Though things have been much better since the gate was put in the day after meeting Jeffrey. He'd felt that was the best first step and he'd been right. Ivy and I both felt safer and more at home knowing hooligans couldn't get all the way to our front door without triggering the alarm. Anything more than 3 stone on the gate or the fencing would now trigger an alarm. That's brilliant, that is.

"What's with the traffic up there?" Leo grumbled as he came down the stairs into the studio.

"Which? The interview people or the security guys? Ivy is interviewing for her office. And I'm having security put in while she does so that way all those creeps that think they can come by after the interview know we're secure." I replied not looking up from my laptop screen.

"Right, Ellen's going to pitch a fit if you don't give her a key." Leo warned plopping himself down in the chair next to mine.

"Having five keys and codes made, I am. You, my mum, Ellen, and us." I informed and then looked up. "Shïtë, you look like hell, mate."

"I know. I haven't slept in days. Ellen's been running me ragged. She's started working for Denise's company which is great apart from the fact that with Jeanine gone, they're short and Ellen's filling in. And she doesn't have a car so I've been her personal Lyft for two days while the real Lyfters are on strike." He rubbed his eyes and yawned. "I thought our schedules were batty. People need make up at three in the morning for morning show appearances and bullocks. It's mad. I'd just go without it at that point. I'm glad we're not girls." He grunted.

I laughed and shook my head. He was literally describing one of the reasons we use Denise: round the clock availability. I moved on. "Have you gotten anywhere in the material?" I asked sensing that my partner would be useless.

"Yeah. I've edited yours and I've got a new draft of the melody of mine for you to look at." He pulled his bag onto his lap and pulled his folders out. "I think 'Meaning of Making Love' is just about done. I've made a couple more changes but otherwise it's great. That might be a hit, that might. Has Ivy heard it yet?"

"Nay, it's one of my Hanukkah presents to her. I told her about it and promised she could veto like we talked about but she seemed ok with it." I smiled at the thought. She had not lashed out as I expected. It seemed she was coming to terms with the chaos and strangeness of being in a public relationship. I hoped the song wouldn't set her on edge again. But I honestly believe we had to have that breakdown in order to come back as strong as we've been since self-imposed house arrest began.