Chapter 20: 19th Nervous Breakdown

"Five more minutes," Desmond grumbled into my mass of purple locks that were splayed in every direction.

"Des, we have to go grocery shopping before your family gets here," I reminded trying to free myself from what Desmond called 'snuggle jail'. "And I need to shower before we go anywhere," I pointed out.

"Can I join you?" He asked placing a chapped kiss near my ear.

"That's why we need to get up now. I'm budgeting 30 minutes of dirty stuff before the clean stuff." I explained and Desmond laughed.

"You're probably the cutest thing that ever happened, you know that?" He told me with another kiss on my shoulder this time. "I'm so fecking glad I found you," He mused and I rolled over to meet his sleepy gaze.

"We're pretty lucky, huh?" I asked placing a kiss on his lips. "To have found someone who makes us feel this good?" I elaborated.

"Are you kidding? I'm the luckiest sodding bastard in the world. I've found the girl who loves rock concerts, inspires my music, writes wonderfully and is literally brilliant, is absolutely stunning no matter the circumstances, and gives the greatest blow job I've ever had by far." The smile when he finished his speech could have blinded me. "Although you do come with your faults. You snore like a bloody steam engine and cry with joy regularly. Though those are growing on me," I hit him playfully. "Come on darling. I want to bend you over the bathroom sink before we shower," he said as if suggesting a short walk or a bite of toast.

"Yes, sir!" I announced jumping out of bed and heading straight for the bathroom.

•••

"Does your mom like lasagna? It is good for a crowd and I make a pretty good vegetarian option for Analeigh." I questioned looking at the cheese case at the local market.

"She'll like whatever you make because her future daughter-in-law is magical in the kitchen," Desmond murmured resting his hands on my hips and his head on my shoulder from behind. "And the bedroom if we're naming rooms you're great in. Oh and in the loo." He kissed my neck.

"You know you're not really helping, right?" I stated with an exasperated sigh.

"I'm sorry? Did you say something? I can see right down your shirt from this angle and it is terribly distracting." He stated and I scoffed, elbowing him in the side to push him away.

"Would you please focus?" I demanded trying not to laugh at his pout. I was wearing a V-neck t-shirt, leggings, sneakers, and a zip up sweatshirt, which I now zipped. I had thrown my hair into a bun and was wearing a Cubs hat for some anonymity. Desmond was wearing black joggers, high top sneakers, and a tissue t-shirt that made it difficult to focus when he stretched because I could see each of his muscles. He was wearing a baseball cap as well only his was for some soccer team I couldn't keep straight. Pardon me, football club. I'm cultured.

"I'm sorry, darling. I just think you're stressing for nothing. My mum is going to love you. She wants me to be happy and once she sees how happy you make me she'll be almost as in love with you as I am. Analeigh is the baby and she'll love you if you give her any attention, making vegetarian food for her will be enough to ensure that she loves you. Bea may take a little time to melt. She's always been protective of me. She's the oldest and she was there for me when I needed cleaning up after Winona. As for Georgie, she sometimes doesn't believe in love so she might be anxious about us. But she'll be able to see what we've got and likely be nice either way." He explained and pulled me into him. "And if all else fails, we can just run away." He joked and I rolled my eyes.

"I love you, you Limey bastard," I muttered and kissed him.

"I love you, you foul-mouthed yank." He replied into my lips and I heard the snap of a photo. I looked up to see a woman ushering her teenager away with an apologetic smile as the teenage excitedly tapped away at her phone. "We should probably get a move on before that becomes a thing," he warned.