Chapter 21 ~ Choices, Choices...

A/N: I'm sure you can figure out what the picture above is :) Tell me your thoughts about it.

~ Tsukino ~

Both Chizuru and I walked back quickly, our hair drying in the wind along the way. As we got back, my hair was still a bit damp, but dry enough. I did prefer wet hair as it wasn't much of a hassle like my hair when it was dry.

"Tsukino! Chizuru!" Shinpachi rounded the corner with Sano, once again. Those two were always together, were they not? Chizuru called out their name as I tapped on her arm, getting her attention. "I will head to my room now, I will see you later?" Chizuru nodded her head as I turned around, heading to my room.

"Tsukino-chan," I heard a voice sing. My eyes narrowed as I recognised the owner of the voice. Souji. I turned around, facing him as he made his way towards me with a smirk. Oh, did I dislike that smirk so, so much.

"Souji," I said plainly. He walked past me, looking from the corner of his eye telling me to follow. I frowned deeply as I followed after him. I would turn away from him if he went any other way than my room.

"How has your day been, Tsukino-chan?" However possible it was, I frowned deeper, eyes narrowed more. I hated it when he added 'chan' to my name, it was something I did not like. I did not know the reason why, but I did not like it.

"It has been good, Souji," I replied plainly. "Chizuru and I went out for a while and enjoyed ourselves, nothing more." Souji laughed in reply, shaking his head side to side with a smile on his face.

I made my strides longer, lengthier. I looked down at the floor as I asked my question quietly, so nobody would hear it. I knew it was a touchy subject for Souji, and I did understand how he felt. I did not like to bring up my past, so that was why I did not like to tell people much about myself.

"How are you? With your coughing." Souji seemed to tense at the question, but never the less kept on walking. We both rounded a corner as he replied, "I'm doing fine. Are you worried?" He had a smirk on his face.

I nodded my head, which seemed to surprise him. "I know how you feel. It seems hard, your condition, but it will be worth it in the end. It felt...good, when I lived through the pain of being skinned. It is a good feeling."

Souji laughed as I smiled lightly. "You seem to smile a lot more than you used to." I looked up at him, his green eyes vibrant with amusement. I looked away as I replied, "Then that is a good thing. It means I am opening up and learning to trust again."

Souji laughed as we rounded another corner, my room in sight. "It is, isn't it? Well, I guess you've gotta get ready for your date with Heisuke. See ya Tsukino-chan." I looked at Souji with confused eyes as he walked away. Date? What did he mean by that? A date was a day, was it not? There was not much special about today, except...

I shook my head, ridding of the thought as I opened the door to my room. I would ask Heisuke what Souji meant by date. My eyes narrowed, something was off. Like something had been moved. Looking around the room, I saw nothing out of the ordinary, except for a box with a stand of red silk keeping it shut.

I walked towards the box, looking down at it. Who had put it here? A better question was who had been in my room. And if they had been, why? Why were they here? Just to leave a box?

I sat on my knees, gently removing the red silk ribbon from the box. Opening it slowly, my eyes widened at what was inside it.

A kimono was gently folded in there, fitting in the small space. I grabbed the sides gently, raising it so I could look at it better. A maroon obi with flowers sat on top, a matching cord as well to keep it in place.on the end was a small chain, a pearl attached to each end.