Chapter 8 ~ Silence

(A/N - Hey guys, just a heads up this chapter is going to be super short. Sorry!)

I sat down, farther away from everyone as I nibbled at the food in front of me. Chizuru had begged me to come to dinner with them when I wanted to be alone. It was annoying, but I came nonetheless.

Chizuru had introduced me to the others. I only nodded my head, so I did not seem rude. There was Shinpachi, a man with short hair. He and the man with the spear, Sanosuke, both seemed close, but also distant at the same time. I bet there was another one, but they were not here.

Toshizo felt the same way as me, he was not interested in talking to me and I was quite happy with that. Kondo was welcoming, being very kind towards me, even though I was not.

Then there was Souji. He seemed like the cat, a smirk always on his face. He was the second least favorite, Toshizo taking the title of first.

 "Tsukino, why are you sitting over there, come and sit with us!" I looked over Chizuru, who was giving me a closed eye smile. I shook my head as I took a bite out of my food.

"Come on, Tsukino-chan," Souji practically sang. I narrowed my eyes at him. He was quite annoying. I shook my head and said, "I am quite comfortable here."

Chizuru got up, walking over to me. She smiled as she said, "If you won't move, then I will." Soon, Sanosuke and Shinpachi came over, with Souji also following after soon.

"I would rather be by myself. Please, go back and enjoy yourself over there from before." I looked at the three others as I added, "And you three as well."

"Come on, Tsukino. Please?" Chizuru looked at me with eyes that were filled with hope that I would say yes. I closed my eyes as I said and mumbled a fine. She cheered, happy.

The rest of the night went well, everyone enjoying themselves. Laughter filled the room as Sanosuke and Shinpachi were fighting over food.

I looked at my food, lost in food. Being honest, I envied all of them. They could enjoy themselves, not be ashamed...

Without thinking, I clutched the end of my scarf, bring it from behind me to in front of me. I got up slowly, which resulted in everyone stopping.

"I am tired. Excuse me." I walked towards the door, opening it then leaving without closing it. I weaved through the shadows, heading to the sakura trees.

I sat down and looked up at the sky, a half moon. I could feel my power stir, it was much stronger when the moon was out, even stronger when it was full.

I looked at the flowers, watching silently as my mind thought loudly.

*Edited 24/9/18*