Chapter 18 ~ The Starlight Festival

A/N: It's a little shorter then normal, but still enjoy

~ Tsukino ~

I had changed out of the kimono I had been wearing before, changing into my normal black, white and blue attire. I had also put the two new kimono's in the small closet I had, still keeping the other two. Just in case.

We had not run into Chizuru or the others who went on patrol. Heisuke told me that they were in another part of town. It made me relax for some reason. A reason I did not understand. I left my room as soon as I had put on my scarf, adjusting it to cover my back once again. Walking down the wooden halls and turning a few corners, I stopped seeing Chizuru.

"Tsukino!" I walked up to the girl as she jogged over towards me. I looked over her shoulder, seeing both Sano and Shinpachi grinning and snickering. What was that about?

"Chizuru," I replied, facing her again. I looked over her shoulder, I raised a brow at the two. "What is so funny?"

Both of them stopped, their attention on me. Shinpachi grinned, "We just passed Souji and heard."

My eyebrows narrowed as I tilted my head in confusion. My eyes then widened as I remembered what happened earlier before Heisuke and I went into town. "Oh, do you mean my spar with Hajime?"

Both nodded as Shinpachi continued. "And we also heard-"

Sano elbowed him in the side hard, making Shinpachi grunt and shoot a long at his friend. Sano had narrowed his eyes, a silent conversation between them. Shinpachi sighed and let out a huff before he turned around, walking away.

"We'll see you around, Tsukino," Sano said, smiling. I dipped my head in agreement as he also turned around following after Shinpachi. What was that about? What had Shinpachi been about to say?

Chizuru smiled and grabbed my arm with her, leading the way. Closing my eyes and shaking my head, I quickened my pace.

~ Heisuke ~

"Oh, Heisuke!" Someone sang my name, making me turn around to see both Shinpachi and Sano with grins on their faces. Suspicious grins. Grins that did not like at all.

"What do you two want?" I asked, suspicious of them. Their grins widened as they both swung an arm over my shoulder, urging me to walk forward.

"Why are you two so happy?" Creepy smiles were my reply. "Will you stop with the smiles and answer my question?!"

Sano laughed. "Well, if you insist."

"When we were on patrol, we saw two people," Shinpachi began. I mentally facepalmed myself. I knew where this was going real quick. Way too quick.

"Yeah, we did," Sano said. I groaned. "Chizuru was with us, so she also saw these two people. And we thought they were such a lovely couple!"

My head whipped to Sano. "What are you saying?!" Sano laughed. "Sano, Shinpachi...!"

   Both of them shrugged their shoulders. "Someone likes Tsukino," Shinpachi sang. Freezing, I faced Shinpachi. "You like her Heisuke!"

   "What?!" I yelled at him. Sano laughed.

"You can't deny it, Heisuke," Sano teased. "Even I like her. But it seems I'm too late. You've already made a move."

My face darkened, a blush creeping onto my cheeks. Both Sano and Shinpachi's laughter grew louder as Sano poked my cheek. "See? You're even blushing!"

"Shut up you bastards!" I yelled at them. That only increased their laughter. Growling, I shoved them away as I walked quicker. Turning around, I frowned. "So what if I like Tsukino?! I'll admit it, I do. She's pretty and she's kind under all that. She just needs some help opening up!

Once again, those creepy grins spread onto their faces. "I got an idea," Sano said. Shinpachi nodded his head in thought, my frown deepening. These bastards...! I hated them with a passion!

"I heard that there's a festival in a few days," Sano thought out loud. Shinpachi nodded his head as I tensed. "It's meant to be really good too. Shinpachi and I were gonna ask you if you wanted to come, but it seems you might be going with someone else. Maybe, a girl someone else?"

"What are you two saying? That I should go with Tsukino?" Both of them nodded their heads. "You two just said that you're going!"

Shinpachi sighed. "Yeah, of course! But you should take Tsukino. Like a date!" I deadpanned at the two of them. They seriously did not just-

"Anyway, it's in a couple days, as we said before. It the Starlight Festival. Apparently, there's meant to be a really cool event happening then, but nobody knows when. Something about shooting stars. I bet Tsukino will like it."

Grumbling, I turned around, walking away from the two grown men. But, they did have a point during their teasing session. I did like Tsukino and taking her go this 'Starlight Festival' might be a really good chance to get her to open up. But, would she agree to go?

Maybe I'd ask her on the day. It was at night, so it would work out. Hopefully, if I did ask her, Tsukino would say yes. I could only hope.