Chapter 12 ~ Final Part Of The Story

~ Tsukino ~

Both Heisuke and I had suffered. The transformation last night had taken a toll on me, using up a lot of energy. Heisuke, well, I did not know the specifics but, I knew he was alive.

I had woken up to Souji, who had been coughing up blood at the time. I knew the situation of course, it was easy to tell. Once he saw me awake, he told me to follow him.

Everyone had seen me last night, Kondo, Toshizo... They were definitely waiting for me with the others, who were going to bombard me with questions.

Souji went in first, with me following behind him very quietly. I sat in the corner of the room, not wanting to be near anyone at the moment.

"Tsukino, please come over here." Kondo had a look on his face, asking and begging. I shook my head, which made Toshizo snap, "Do as you're told."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Do not even dare tell me what to do. You do not own me."

"Please, Tsukino-chan." Chizuru had bowed until her forehead touched the ground. My eyes softened as I said, "Please, do not do that."

"Then come over here." I sighed, very pissed, as I did as Chizuru said. I crossed my arms over my chest, eyes closed. A shudder went through me.

"As all of us here know, you are exactly like Chizuru. And from what Saito told me, you may be even more powerful. What the hell happened last night that made you come back in that state?" Toshizo was in no mood to play games, as he was genuinely pissed. I snarled at him in response. I did not like him at all.

"First of all, do not use that tone on me," I hissed at him. "Second of all, we met with Kazama's damn whores." Toshizo narrowed his eyes even further at my choice of wording.

"Don't you think that's a bit...much for you, Tsukino?" I turned around and saw Sano. I narrowed my eyes as I replied sharply, "I can talk however I want, thank you very much."

"Ok, ok." I sighed as I turned back to Toshizo, who a made a very foul face at. "Would you like me to begin?"

He nodded my head as I sighed, running a shaky hand through my hair. "All of you know this; what is said behind these doors will not go any further. I will not hesitate to kill every member of the Shinsengumi, and I mean it."

They all nodded their heads as I continued, "This is about me, something that has never been told to anyone. Because it brings so much trauma to me even thinking about it."

"How much trauma?" Hajime asked. He, he I liked a little bit. He was silent, didn't get into others business, kept to himself. He seemed like a person I could like.

"Enough trauma to make me try and commit suicide several times," I replied. I heard Chizuru gasp, with others having wide eyes. "As I said, this is something that no one knows about, except Senhime and her personal guard."

I closed my eyes, letting silence envelop me. A minute passed. Then another. Three minutes. Four. Five.

I opened my eyes. "I went to help when there was a feud. Some other oni were after Kazama. Reasons I did not know about. I fought hard, killing everyone in my path. I did not show any mercy.

"But, someone did manage to land a hit on my back. I killed him though and ran off, finding an area where I could do something about the hit." I could feel myself start to shake, so I clenched my fists in the bundle of fabric in my lap.

"A group of men, about five, ambushed me. They all pinned me to the ground, one for each arm and leg. The leader of the group with his foot on my stomach."

I started shaking worse than before. I heard shuffling as someone, Chizuru, put a comforting hand on my back. "They...they wanted to know where Kazama was, but I would not tell them. So...so..."

 I opened my eyes, unclenching my fists. "You can come closer to have a look," I said and I started taking off my arm guards.

The arm guard covered my forearms, and also the front of my hand, ending right near the knuckles. I slowly took them off, bandages wrapped around both my palms.

I looked at the bandages. I didn't want to see them. I went to take them off but froze. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Here," Chizuru said softly, grabbing my hand and undoing it. I closed my eyes as she did, the bandages texture now fading, my skin now free from being wrapped for two years.

I opened my eyes when Chizuru finished, only to see everyone in front of me. It startled me, making me jump in my skin, but I recovered quickly.

"They did a lot to try and break me," I said lowly, loud enough for them to hear. I said as I held my hands out, "The first thing they did was stab a sword through both of my hands, keeping me pinned to the ground."

A line ran across my palm, and on the other side was an exact one in the same spot, showing that had pierced through my skin. It was white, being very visible against my olive skin. 

I flinched as Hajime took my hand in his, looking closer at the scar. He then looked me in the eyes, saying, "And this was only the beginning?"

I nodded my head slowly as he put my hand pack on my lap. Shinpachi looked at me with eyes that I could not pinpoint an emotion. "How the hell did you not break?"

I laughed, "I didn't break, but I screamed. It left me mute for quite a while and it took a while to regain my speaking abilities." I started to slowly wrap my hands as I continued, "But, that was the start. And in the end, the last act broke me completely. That was also when I screamed the most, where I lost everything."

I sighed. "Next, they broke my legs. To stop me from escaping. I didn't feel as much pain, the pain in my hands had numbed it. It still hurt, but not as much. But, what they did next..."

A single tear rolled down my cheek. "I lost one thing that all women value most; her dignity." Wrapping a hand around my chest, I pushed on, "They stripped me of something very, very important. Quite literally."

"The upper part of your body," Sano said, to which I nodded in agreement as I slightly hunched. I was very ashamed of it, that I would always feel.

"That was what made me try to kill myself repeatedly," I clarified from earlier, when I had said that I tried many times suicide. "It haunts me the most, I guess. The last act to break me, which did work, rivals with this one."

I kept silent for a while. "It did not break me as to spill everything I knew about Kazama. It broke me in other ways..."

I shuffled, turning so my back faced them. I pulled my hair to the side as I also moved my scarf, showing what was exposed of my back.

"I don't see anything," Souji said. I looked from over my shoulder as I whispered, "Touch it."

Souji seemed hesitant. Sano came closer, as he put a hand on my back. I shivered, clenching my fists. He would not do anything, he would not do anything, I chanted.

He moved his hand down slightly before he stopped. Ah, there it was. My back seemed normal, but it was not. Sano the move his hand to the side, stopping till it reached a specific spot.

"What the bloody hell?" He said. I turned around, looking at all of them in the eye. 

I ran a line down the side of my stomach, where I guess was the side of my body, if that was what you called it. A took in a breath as I said, my voice void of any emotion, "They skinned me."

*Edited 24/9/18*