Chapter 6 - Tsukino Hirukami

(A/N - The picture above is the outfit, somewhat similar, to the one I had described down below. Mainly skirt, top and shoes)

~ ? ~

I was currently lying down, waking up just now. I got up, looking around the room. It was plain, and my belongings were by the side of the futon. I groaned as I sat up, feeling very stiff.

"Please lay back down." I turned to face Chizuru, who was kneeling beside me. I shook my head, stretching my arm while my black hair covered my face.

I winced. It hurt a bit. I never relied on my powers when it came to healing, I only used my powers when I was fighting an opponent that I couldn't win against, which was Oni.

"Just help me up," I said. Chizuru flinched at my tone but nonetheless helped me up. When I was standing I noticed I was in black sleeping clothing. "I am sorry, I am just not in the greatest mood."

Chizuru smiled weakly. "Your clothes have been washed and fixed. I'll leave you to get changed." As she said this, she then left. I looked behind me, my clothing in a neat pile.

First, I started with my hair. I tied my hair up with a white piece of fabric, knotting it as my spiky black hair was in a high ponytail, strains falling over my face. I put on the knee-high black socks then a matching pair of forearm protectors, silver metal over the top.

I put on some skintight pants, which were extremely short, so it covered my ass at least. My chest was wrapped in bandages, along with my left arm. I sighed as I proceeded with my top. It had an armour breastplate with angled down till the centre, under it lying the small top.  It reached where the piece of armour was.

I looked at the bottom piece. I found it quite funny how it hid under the black cloak. It was layer upon layer upon layer until it was tied around the waist with a gold cord. The very first layer was white, which was the longest one, reaching the ground. The piece overlapped, like all the others, which made it much easier to move around in. The was a parting, otherwise a slit, on the right leg.

The next one was a dark blue one, with a gold design. It wasn't as long as the white one. The next one was a plain black one. Then the next was a dark blue and then a white. If I lifted my right leg, the fabric would part, which was a good thing. I had put it on right.

I reached for the armoured boots. They were black, gold on the corners. They only covered the front of my leg, the back exposed. A gold cord kept the armour in place.

I then grabbed the white scarf. I wrapped it around my neck, it flowing behind me and covering my back. The scarf was huge, touching the ground.

I sighed. It had been twenty minutes. I loved my outfit but it was also a pain. Bending over and grabbing my full-on black pair of swords, I put it on my waist, the cord that held the skirt being its holder.

"Chizuru?" I called out. The said girl opened the doors. When her eyes landed on me, she seemed very shocked. "Should I get my cloak as well?" The girl shook her head violently as she moved to the side.

I walked past her. I waited until she had closed the door and got in front of me, which she did. I followed her for a few minutes until we reached a room. Chizuru knocked on the door, and a deep come on was heard after.

I stood there, arms crossed over my chest as Chizuru went in, sitting down with the others. One of them, a man with short hair, was gawking at my appearance. Another man, the one that had given me back my short sword, the pair to my other one, had wide eyes and what seemed like a blush. Men.

I heard someone cough. I turned to look at an older looking man. I took a step into the room, arms still crossed over my chest. My eyes scanned over everyone. Right then, I noticed that two were missing. The boy from the inn and the man who was also a left handed user.

"Where are the other two?" I asked quickly. The others looked at me, Chizuru answering, "They left with someone."

"Please, take a seat." The man who looked the eldest gestured for me to sit down. I walked over to the spot, now sitting in front of him and the black haired man, the one with purple eyes.

"Please, call me Kondo. This is Toshizo Hijikata." The man, known as Kondo, said. I nodded my head, saying that I understood. He sighed, while Hijikata said, "What the hell was that about last night?"

I stared at him with a neutral face. He gritted his teeth. "Impatience. Such a terrible trait."

"I agree with Hijikata-san." I turned around to see a man leaning on the wall, green eyes looking at my gold ones. "Souji Okita. Even though I'd like to watch him blow a fuse, I am also interested in what happened last night."

I let out a huff of air. "OYou want to know my history with them?" Okita smiled in response. I shook my head. "Where would you like to start?"

Before Hijikata could say a word, I put a hand up in front of me. "Choose wisely, because I will only be explaining what you ask and only once."

"Why not the very beginning?" I looked from the corner of my eye to see the man with the spear. I raised a brow as I replied, "Wise choice..."

"Sanosuke Harada," he said with a smile. I dipped my head slightly. I liked this man the most when it came to all of them. I coughed into my hand, clearing my throat as I began.

"First of all. If you disturb me while I am speaking, then I will stop. And that also means me disappearing from your sight. I am here to protect Chizuru, and only her. I do not care about your safety. And I will also be explaining it as simple as possible."

Hijikata looked furious for a second before nodding his head. Guess he was not used to being bossed around by a mere girl. I was only eighteen.

"Well, the beginning is the beginning. My name is Tsukino Hirukami. As you have seen, I am just like Kazuma and Chizuru; an Oni. I don't know too much, but I know I am from a very powerful clan. But, my clan no longer exists, just like Chizuru. And...I am also a dead man."

*Edited 24/9/18*