Case 14

Case 14

*•*•*

Y/N

You flipped through the files roughly while examining the analysis you had collected so far.

"The power outage was intentional and only happened at the hospital, no where else." Jimin said while distractingly slurping his ramen beside you.

"Uh-huh... someone tampered with the electric circuits or something." You muttered while glaring at Jimin slightly.

"No, that's impossible. The light came back on after few hours, not long enough for a disconnected circuit to be fixed. Someone turned off the central lights at the power room."

You nodded while muttering possibilities under your breath.

"So it could be a hospital employee, like the nurse that tricked you today." Jimin said carelessly.

"Pay attention Jimin. The glove we found was the size of a male and that nurse was off shift during the blackout." You said frustrated, gaining no help from the man who you thought was always too serious.

You thought over Jimin's confession of what Taehyung's true intentions were, to claim you guilty. You wondered why Taehyung wished this, probably because of a grudge he held against you... or your family.

"Maybe we should look into what kind of grudge Taehyung is holding against me." You said looking up at Jimin intently as your eyes met.

"And how would that help?" He asked separating your gaze and eating continually.

"Maybe then we'll find why Taehyung wished me guilty. It may be connected to the case... and maybe Taehyung is the one who set this up." You hesitated wishing what you just said was far from the truth.

Jimin furrowed his eyebrow, nodding reluctantly.

"Taehyung's father was claimed guilty for a murder at court, although he was innocent. This was several years ago, and now he's sentenced to life sentence in jail. The real criminal we have no idea but I do know Taehyung always wanted to avenge his dad for him."

You nodded while thinking through the past events with your family.

"My dad told me this case once, saying how his best friend was claimed faulty..." You avoided your gaze from Jimin and started growing pale.

Your hands became clammy and let go of the papers immediately to not leave any obvious sweat stains of your uneasiness on them. You tried to sound calm but Jimin was able to quickly catch on queried about it.

"You okay?" He asked quietly while trying to catch a glimpse of your face.

You turned away even further, a difficult feat indeed to keep away from Jimin.

"Y/N, tell me. What do you know about this connection with the case?" He said sternly before letting you go out of his grasp.

You gulped slowly while whispering lowly to him, "The real culprit for that crime wasn't Taehyung's dad... but my dad."