Case 4

Case 4

*•*•*

Y/N

"Y/N... tell me the truth. Did you or did you not murder your father?"

You strained against the handcuffs that chained your wrists to the table, clenching your teeth in frustration.

"Tae, if you don't believe me, I don't know who will. No... I didn't kill my father. Why would I?!"

"I trust you." He said while smiling, "That's why I'm defending you."

"I cried day and night because of my father's death and now the police are saying I killed him? With my own two hands? They must be insane." You looked down at your messy self, crying helplessly.

Was it possible for Taehyung to even win? All the evidence pointed to me. I'm the one that showed to be in the room when he died. Cameras had it all. They couldn't deceive anyone.

"Tae..." You said while standing up.

He looked up from his files to meet your tear filled eyes.

"Should I just turn myself in? I don't want to go through this pain anymore..."

His facial expression turned dark as anger was clearly evident.

"Don't day that kind of bullshit."

"But... all the evidence points to-"

"Y/N." He said sternly which got you shook, "I said I'm getting you out of this. Just... believe in me."

You nodded. Maybe you could leave this one into Taehyung's hands.

*•*•*

"What did you collect?" Yoongi asked while resting, eyes closed on the desk.

"We did an autopsy and found there was poison. Not a very lethal one, but one that takes few weeks to cause the victim's death." Jimin walked over to where Yoongi was, dropping the files.

"It seems like if this information is leaked to the lawyer, you have no chance of winning." Yoongi smirked, flipping through the pages.

"Polonium?" Yoongi asked looking up to see Jimin nodding.

"Apparently the last known case was a month ago. The victim died after drinking tea that included vaporized polonium inside. His death was shortly met two weeks after." Jimin shut his computer, grabbing his coat before opening the door.

"The last time the suspect was seen to be with her Dad was last month. Since this poison acts in 2-3 weeks, it's unlikely the suspect is guilty. There was definitely someone else, and I have a sense of who it might be."

A slight interest could be seen in Yoongi's eyes as he looked intently at Jimin, trying to figure out his thought process.

"This is all evidence that proves the suspect innocent." Jimin smirked before putting his jacket on, "Have you seen me lose a case before hyung?"

Yoongi shook his head while closing the stack of booklets.

"I don't take cases that I have a low chance of winning in."

"Then at least tell Taehyung about this." Yoongi said groaning.

"He'll need to achieve it himself, because that's just how cold I am." Jimin grinned slightly before slamming the door shut and leaving.

"Prosecutor Park... you're wrong, unless you were talking about different case than mine."

Jimin looked over to the direction of the voice, seeing a slender figure leaning against the wall.

"If indeed you are talking about my case, the poison wasn't polonium." He showed his files, different from the one Jimin had.

"It was belladonna. A single bite from it could cause it to be fatal, paralyzing the victim, soon the poison making it to the immune system. In a matter of days, the victim is found to be dead." He smirked slightly before taking the files back, out of Jimin's hands.

"Taehyung, you're lying. What are you trying to cover up?" Jimin asked sternly while walking down the hallway with Taehyung beside him.

"I'm not. I'm merely telling the truth. Have you read 'Snow White' before? The poison consumed by the young protagonist was a belladonna infused apple, causing her to fall in paralysis and coma." Taehyung said while grasping Jimin's suit.

"The dose was just light enough to put Snow White into coma, but the intoxication in Y/N's father was far fatal, far worse." Taehyung stiffened up, trying to receive a compliment from Jimin.

"Well if you had enough time to come up with that kind of conclusion with Snow White, why don't you try checking the autopsy again." Jimin snacked Taehyung's hand off before resuming his walk.

"I recommend that for you Jimin."

"What are you trying to get at Tae?" Jimin said helplessly turning around.

"Remember, you owe me a huge favor."