Case 7

Case 7

*•*•*

Y/N

You turned towards Taehyung who tried to keep a baffled face but his anger was clearly evident. You were about to grasp his hand when he abruptly stood up in objection.

"Stop spouting nonsense Prosecutor Park. This isn't a joke and don't try to defend my client feeling pity for me." Taehyung looked at the judge for any sign but there seemed to be none.

"What are you saying Prosecutor Park?" The judge queried in confusion while you could hear light murmuring among the crowd.

"I'm saying, all my statements are mostly false." He turned towards the audience clutching his fists tightly.

"Y/N and her family visits the hospital once a month to sometimes none at all. The blackout did not take place two to three days ago, it was two to three weeks ago. Am I right witness?" Jimin glowered intently at the nurse who tried to avoid his gaze.

She nervously looked at Taehyung who seemed to have drained the confidence out of her.

"No-... yes." The nurse said quietly.

"Seems that my mouth slipped a little." The nurse said while lightly covering her mouth.

A file full of security footages was shown on the screen. You looked at each date, noticing there was only one missing, the date 16 days before your visit.

"As you can see, there is no security footage on this date because there was a blackout, causing all the cameras to be shut off."

Suddenly, Taehyung sprang up once again like a prowling lion after a predator who he couldn't seem to catch.

"That doesn't prove she wasn't there." You furrowed your eyebrows when seeing Taehyung retaliate to go against Jimin.

You grasped the hem of his sleeves while pulling him down.

"Tae, Jimin is defending me... why are you trying to prove me and him both wrong?" You asked, not surprised.

Ever since you talked with Taehyung in the jail cell, nothing seemed right about him.

"Oh sorry... I forgot-" Taehyung began murmuring realizing his slight mistake.

"The plant used for poisoning Y/N's father was not a belladonna but polonium. This is a type of poison that takes few weeks for the symptoms to start showing and for the victim's death to occur." Jimin took a remote controller before changing the screen to another slide.

"We investigated the hospital and the victim's room to find a concrete rock slab that was hidden below the trash can with grated dark powder. Inspecting it to be nothing more, we overlooked it, but later, out toxicologist analyzes it, finding it to be the streak belonging to the mineral, polonium." Jimin smirked while looking towards Taehyung in a sign of his victory.

Then, a picture of the slab, the streak, and a glove was present on the slide. You looked up while the crowd began to mutter again.

"A glove was found in the trash can outside the room with the same powdery residue. Analyzing that once again, it seemed the poison wasn't just used 16 days ago, but was also used recently. If this was only a one time use, we might've not found it when we went to investigate few days ago since the garbage would have been taken out. The culprit decided to target someone else, but failed eventually." Jimin held up the same leather black glove that was present on the screen.

You suspected that the culprit thought that wearing such a dark colored glove would hide the evidence. Guess not. It seemed no one was able to fool Park Jimin.

"This glove, if I take a look, is not fit for women. No, it was used by someone with large hands, belonging to a man. This proves we have no solid evidence that Y/N is the true culprit of this murder." Jimin said in satisfaction before sitting down finally.

The judge hit her gavel three times and claimed you innocent, not guilty, not a murder.

Everyone poured out of the courtroom, as you were guided out as well.

You looked toward Jimin to catch a glimpse of him. You smiled on your way out thinking how not everyone aims for the money and fame.

And one of them was him, Park Jimin.