We need to talk

The next day

My boss said I coul take off however long I needed to recover before he would gibe me anymore jobs so I decided to have a lie in. Although it didn't turn out to be much of one when my phone pinged at 10 with a new message. Off dan...we.need to talk. fuck this cant be good.

I decided to message back saying I was just gonna have a shower then he could come round. I hopped into the shower and did usual shower stuff then got out and dressd. I just put on comfy stuff. A grey top amf black leggings then messaged Dan saying I was ready.

I heard a knock on my door and went to open the door. I let Dan in and we walked ul to the lounge and sat on the sofa. It was a very awkward silence. Then I spoke.

"Hi"

"Hey"

"You said we needed to talk"

"Yes we do"

"What about"

"Erm..."

"Dan..."

"Fine I like you"

"I...I like you too dan"

"No you dont your just being sympathetic"

"No Dan I actually really do like you"

"You do?"

"Yea"

"Well do you mayne want to be my girlfriend then"

"Holy crap of course I will"

"no hard feelings about yesterday"

"None at all cause if this relationship works out we may have the opputunity to make another one"

"yea but don't you feel bad about it"

"I was only a few weeks a long theres nothing we could have done to save the child plus maybe its natures way of telling us we aren't ready for kids yet"

"Maybe"

"Look Dan if it will cheer you up we can snuggle for a bit  if you want cause I reallh dont want you to be sad like this "

"Okay"

We both stood up and headed to my room. I layed on the bed as did Dan and we wrapped each other around each other. We were intertwined as much as possible. Our chests were up against each other and I could feel his heart beating next to mine. I pulled up Netflix and scrolled down to find something to watch. We eventually decided to watch mall cop.

At the end of the movie we just stayed there lying in each others arms. I kissed dan on the cheek and said I was gonna make coffees. I stood up but immediately felt two arms slither back around me pulling me back to bed. He rested his head in the crook of my neck and kissed around the area before letting go and I went to make two coffees.

On the way to the kitchen I heard talking from downstairs. I ignored it thinking it was probably just my imagination. I made two coffees and took one to dan who was now sat up looking through his phone. I handed one to him and told him about my suspicions. We both stood up and went to peer around the corner of the stairs.

"Why the fuck are they here?!"