Chapter 20 : Baby Steps

Hello everyone, me again. Yes I am indeed alive. I realized I need to put it out here for you guys that I have been away from writing for a long long loooong time now and I'm deeply sorry for disappearing... (I know yet again).

And to make it official, my updates are going be hugely irregular but I will complete this story.

Here's another one. Enjoy!

P.S Pour your thoughts in the comments, I love reading them.

°•°•°•°

Aurora

"You're healing at a good pace Aurora but it's still not normal for a werewolf," Andrew spoke as he examined me. He took a look at my arms. "The bruises are near-gone." Then a look at my neck. "The mating mark, however, is not looking good. Are you taking the herb mixture I gave?"

"Yes," I lied uncomfortably. I thought I had given Andrew the slip but he flashed a knowing look out of the corner of his eye.

Right after Demetrius' proposal, almost a week ago, I had met Andrew. He was sort of a doctor to the pack and was helping me to heal. Well, physically anyway as Demetrius had instructed him. We had formed that doctor-patient type of bond but Andrew always tried to push the boundaries and make me feel at ease.

"You know I can help you, only if you want to get better. The herb mixture will help you relax your mind and when your mind will start to heal then and only then will this mating mark." Andrew advised, taking a seat behind his wooden table.

"I do want to get better. It's just..."

"But not for Demetrius."

I would have been shocked but with the way Andrew was, I wasn't. Even though I had learnt enough of Andrew in the few days we'd spent together, I wasn't about to share my thoughts with him. He could be in on Demetrius' ulterior motives as well.

"It's just that the taste was too bitter for my liking and it made my head go all fuzzy, the first time I took it."

"Oh." Andrew looked surprised. "I can fix the bitterness, that's easy. The fuzzy feeling you got was just a minor side-effect. Nothing to worry about. You should have it mixed with warm water every night before bed and regularly. Especially regularly for it to work."

"For it to work?" I asked. What exactly was in that herb mixture? It wasn't like I could ask for the ingredients from the local drug store. Plus my dear friend Google was out of the question.

Andrew chuckled. "I'm not going to poison you Aurora. Just medicinal herbs to calm the mind because that's what your mind needs right now."

"What my mind needs is to get away from this cursed mating." I mumbled underneath my breath.

I decided to head back to the kitchen to grab something to eat, hearing the thunderstorm rumbling in my belly.

Before I could get up, I smelt Demetrius making his way over to Andrew's room. This time around his scent was getting familiar to my nose and I could have easily picked it up even in a crowded stadium. Demetrius' attitude had changed ever so slightly towards me. Nowadays he didn't make it a point and his special agenda to go out of his way and make me miserable. He just let me be. I liked it that way. I could pretend that he was non-existent.

I could tell he was standing right behind the chair I was seated in.

"Well Andrew. Can she return to school tomorrow?" The words were spoken emotionlessly. He was serious!