Chapter 8 : Changing Allegiances

Hi Guys!

So sorry for the long gap.. :)
Enjoy!

°•°•°•°

Aurora

"It's my mark. A rouge's mating mark."
The voice was a raspy, cold one and it generated spurts of tingles throughout my body.

I was mated. I was mated to a rouge.

The reality of it was engraved right onto my skin and it demanded attention from me. It demanded acceptance because a forced mating was never pleasurable. From the corner of my eye, I saw our mark glowing amber and it hurt.

His DNA was easing and mixing into mine, forcefully. The pain was unbearable and my eyes were closing rapidly, shutting the pain out.

I felt myself go limp with exhaustion and the rough, muscular arms that held me tightened a fraction more. Reasonable or not, I felt safe and scared at the same time.
Opening my eyes again, a blurry sight slowly came into focus and a scattered formation of shadowy figures were surrounding me.

With the same brutish force, the rouge scooped me up in his arms and stared into the distance. The ecliptic halo plunged the shadowy figures in a soft, red glow and from that the entire rouge pack came into view.

With their backs to the tall pine forest, they stood facing the mansion and ready to obey at a snap of their Alpha's fingers.

I turned my head a few inches to the side to see the mating mark. The crescent moon had morphed into a full moon and it was a dim blood red. The pain had toned down to a dull throb at the base of my neck and it became considerably clear to think again.

"Let her go, Demetrius!" A familiar voice boomed through the air. It was Erian. He stood a good distance away from us, his stance in the predator-mode and watchful.
He looked ready to kill if he had to.

Demetrius tilted his head and scoffed, "This mutt is bonded to me now."
As he spoke a number of blurred faces came to stand beside Erian.
"By our laws, from this moment onwards, she answers to me and my pack's needs."

One of the faces stepped out from the mansion's shadow and spoke, "Demetrius, you speak of our laws and yet lead the life of a rouge." It was my father and I saw shock and fear take root in his glowing eyes.
"Let my daughter go immediately because everyone here present knows you have no regard for our laws or for the concept of mating."

Demetrius calmly retorted, "But Alpha Ares, are you suggesting I abandon my pureblood mate and leave her to suffer." He took hold of my chin and twisted it to face the others.
"Ahhh, look at this face. I intend to make her the mother of my pups."

Several angry growls erupted from the other side.
I roughly pulled myself away from his hands and attempted to run. But that's where it ended. The minute I lost his physical touch a tremendous spasm of pain shook my entire body. It was enough to wrench screams that caused everyone to cringe.

"You see, Alpha Ares." Demetrius lazily walked to my side. "Your daughter has been mated to a rouge and I made sure that it leaves some side-effects."
He slipped his fingers through my askew hair and the pain resided.
"She feels unbearable pain without me..."
He grabbed a fist full of my curls and yanked me up from the ground.
"....and she feels bearable pain with me."

Demetrius' scheme left everyone dumbfounded and his pack members let out a few sneers and laughs.

"You bloody fu*ked up bast*rd!" Erian bellowed.

Demetrius grinned.

The eclipse passed over and the halo disappeared.
The first thing I saw were his eyes, they were pitch black and glowing like melted steel.

"I'll let you get back to your party," Demetrius announced while his hand snaked around my waist and he turned to leave.

Please Vote, it really matters! :)