Chapter 5 : The Eclipse Party II

Author's Note

Hey guys, I hope you're enjoying the story so far...
Please keep reading, it will get better!

°•°•°•°

Aurora

Dad patted my hand reassuringly, his eyes showing just a touch of regret. I knew he was quite uncomfortable about the mark I had and today I was being introduced to the werewolf society.

Nevertheless, he put up a happy front and I did the same. His tough chin inclined towards me and he spoke, "You know, your mother would be very proud of the person you've become Kathleen."

My heart flooded with sudden emotion and a smile formed on my lips. I rested my head on dad's shoulder and whispered, "I love you, daddy."

He had always called me by Kathleen.

My arm resting against his, we walked up the grand stone steps leading to the mansion. The entire atmosphere of the place was set to appear grand in every possible manner.
We entered into the ballroom, posing just momentarily to greet the host. While walking, I could see my blurred reflection on the polished floors of the magnificent ballroom. I ran a conscious hand across my face, wishing for no uneventful surprises this evening.

"Welcome to the Eclipse party, Alpha Ares," a heavy toned man greeted dad. His black suit oozed money and status.
They both shook hands in acknowledgment, doing this a fiery red color filled their irises.

The man was an alpha.

"Glad to be here, Alpha Whitmore," Dad said with appreciation.

The man made my presence known and asked delighted, "And this must be your lovely daughter..."

"Kathleen. Aurora Kathleen Ares." Dad provided my name, a certain restraint in his voice.

I did a little courteous bow and Alpha Whitmore nodded.
I glanced around the ballroom, trying to spot a familiar voice.
This night was going down a steep road to boredom.

"Good evening, Alpha Ares." It was Liam. "Alpha Whitmore."

My dad and Alpha Whitmore greeted him and they both re-immersed in conversation.
Liam looked my way and winked cheekily.

I stifled a giggle and gave my best 'ewww' look yet.

"Come on, sleeping beauty," he yanked my wrist, dragging me along.
I almost tripped on my dress. I drew in a breath and pinched his arm, "The fact that my name coincides with Disney's sleeping beauty does not mean I am her."

Liam's brow quirked up playfully and I realized where we were standing.
On the freaking dance floor. The jerk.

The music came on softly and he slipped his arm around my waist. A wave of nervousness swept over me as I realized this was the first dance.

Almost every eligible werewolf was on the dance floor and the thought was dizzying.

Liam began guiding me through it, I smiled nervously, my tongue in cheek. It was a slow waltz and after a whole turn around the ballroom, I felt the rhythm.

God, I could single handedly win the Oscar for the most ungraceful dancer ever.

Just when I was beginning to fall in sync, I was whirled into another person's hold. The music's tempo kept increasing. I didn't recognize his face but we simply smiled and carried on.

He was a really good dancer except the fact he stepped on my toes. Twice.

I put on the most awkward smile ever. Then again I was twirled towards another.
This time it was different, I could feel it in my skin.

His grip was unlike anyone else's. It felt cold and firm. I fought to steady my breathing but couldn't. I couldn't even meet his eyes.
Erian Whitmore.