Chapter 15: Meeting the Pack

For all those out there who love this story!

°·°·°·°

Demetrius

I watched her walk away, probably cursing me to got to hell. After all that happened, I reckon I deserve that.

The bond inside of her, inside of me was stirring trouble. Trouble, I beforehand knew that I would have if I mated a pureblood. This little mate of mine was turning out to be a handful. Not for long though. After this dinner party with the wolves, she'd be running for the hills.

I strolled out of the kitchen and headed for my study. There was work needed to be done and shelved. The little mutt had caused enough delay to my plans already.

I pushed past the door and sat down at my table which was spotless as usual. Franz made everything around me immaculate. Just how I liked it.

The setting sun streamed in through the blinds which were shut but I could sense the rainstorm about to break in a few hours. I reached for the top drawer of the study table, getting out the injection.
This should last through the night. It has to.

"Is everyone gathered for dinner?" I mind-linked Franz.

"They are Alpha. Should I have Aurora's meal sent to your room?"

"No. The mutt will eat with us." I stated.

"Alpha..." I read hesitation. A thing rare for Franz. "Aurora... I mean your mate is still unfamiliar to the nature of this pack. Maybe we should allow her a few more days to adjust."

"Time is an luxury, Franz. Besides, I think this will be the most entertaining dinner we will have in a while. It is high-time the wolves enjoy some female company."

Aurora

I brushed away the angry tears with the back of my hand. Who the hell did he think he was? Reeling me in like fish in one moment and pushing me away like an ugly wart the next. Mate or not, he was a jerk.

He must be anticipating the dinner tonight. To humiliate me, of course. He had no other reason to. Well, he would be disappointed. No more. I will not allow him to push me around. Even if the bond made me suffer, I would grit my teeth and smile.

Yes, I was scared witless at the prospect of meeting the pack but at the very least I would know one friendly face. Franz. The others, how I would face then I had no idea. Either this could turn out really good or exceptionally awful. With my fingers double-crossed, I wished it was the former.

Evening came rapidly. I stayed in Demetrius' room for the remainder of the day, purely because I did not want to risk running into him again. He seldom came to his room which was strange. I take it, he stays in his study most of the time he's here.

A lovely aroma of food cooking caught my mind. Better get washed and dressed, I decided enthusiastically. My stomach grumbled for food as I showered and emerged with a towel wrapped around my body.

As I rummaged for what to wear, the door opened. Demetrius entered with the ugliest scowl ever displayed.

I gasped and two bright red spots appeared on both my cheeks.

"I'm not dressed!" I cried, clutching at the towel with both hands.

"I can see that." He ignored me and went to his wardrobe. His back to he, he shuffled around until he got whatever he wanted.