Chapter 7 : His Claim

Author's Note

Dedicated to all my readers.

Hi there guys, I know it's been a long while since my last update. Sorry for the delay but here's Chapter 7!
It's the longest part I' ve written yet and hope you all like the plot twist!

Tell me what you think?

Vote, comment and share love!

°•°•°•°

Aurora

"Take her Erian! Get her to safety!"

Dad's steady voice commanded frightfully. The chaos in the room was increasing to a tenfold and several fighter werewolves had shifted.

The rouges seemed to have a clear strategy. Wounding the fighters and weakening their Alphas was the gist of it.

Erian grasped my wrist, beginning to drag me up the staircase. I struggled like a fish out of water against him in a desperate attempt to break free.

I snapped. "I need to go back!"

He made sure to not pay any attention to me, continuing to drag me away from the ballroom.

"Let me go!" I growled.

I could feel my wolf beginning to surface. A tiny prick from my sharpening canines confirmed that assumption.

This wasn't good. I wasn't trained yet to control my werewolf-self at will. If I shifted now, there was a high possibility that I could hurt many people.

Or worse, hurt people that I loved.

So I put all my efforts into self control and in the process, Erian had half-dragged and carried me up the stairs onto a deserted floor.
He didn't realize that his grip was beginning to bruise my wrist.

A whimper slipped through my mouth and he immediately let go.

"We need to help--" I got cut off abruptly when he clamped his hand on my face.

I shot him an alarmed look.

"Communicate in mind-link! Rouges cannot tap into our bonds that way." He thundered.

"Fine. But we have to go back. Help them!" I retorted, my tone on the edge of hysteria.

"The only thing I am going to do is get you out of here!" He hissed at my face.

I recoiled at his harsh manner. It was no use arguing with him. I would do better talking to a brick wall.
Still the only thing bothering me was his face being so close to mine, I could practically see his glowing irises brightening from the adrenaline.

He seemed to have sensed my discomfort when he swiftly removed his hand and showed his lean back to me.

He commanded,"Follow me. And try to keep up."

I contemplated whether to give him the silent treatment or formulate some way to escape him.

But he was already a good distance in front of me and his stance was that of a predator.

I reluctantly crossed the length between us and he continued to prowl towards the end of the winding hallway. Of course he expected me to retrace his footsteps without any protests.

I internally groaned at my helplessness.

At the end of the hall was a massive wooden door. He proceeded to open it and gestured for me to get in.

The room gave the impression of being a guest room. There was a four poster bed at the very center that was slightly ruffled.

A vast expanse of floor to ceiling glass windows separated the room from the balcony.

I didn't realize that Erian was standing right behind me not until I felt his breath on my ear.

I took a few steps forward to put some distance between us, it was funny that the closeness felt suffocating.

I shifted my weight from one foot to another.
Just as I was about to break the tension with a question, a prickling sensation crawled up my neck.

I whirled around to see Erian's eyes coloring to a crimson red. He felt it too.

There was someone right outside the door. It had to be someone of status for Erian's wolf to surface.

Strangely enough I could feel its presence as if it was a magnetic force.

A big thud echoed throughout the air as the door heaved on its hinges. Whoever it was outside, was no friendly visitor to us. It was trying to force the door open.

In a flash, Erian jerked me to the glass windows and said calmly, "We need to jump. He's got us cornered."

Another thud from the door.

Before I could say anything, he wound his arms around my small frame.
He said gruffly, "Hold on."
He catapulted us through the glass, shattering it into countless tiny fragments.

The door was ripped from its hinges as it opened.

There was a giddy sensation at the pit of my stomach during our descent towards the ground. We landed softly on the grass and he immediately pulled me behind him.

A growl rippled from the opposite end from where we stood.

Two dots of inky red eyed us in brooding silence. It was a rouge.

And its prime focus was on me.
I shivered under his sickly gaze.

He had a muscular built, curls of black hair matted in blood and dirt and he wore an ensemble of dark clothing.
The repulsive magnetic force was back.

Erian bared his canines at him.

"Ares, look up and tell me when will the eclipse hit?"
Erian asked through mind-link.

Puzzled as I was I craned my head backwards and saw the moon about to get overshadowed.

"Just about now!" I answered.

His plan dawned in my mind just as the red halo fell on us.

He was going to use the ecliptic effect to overthrow the rogue. As purebloods, we could endure the pain a lot better than the rouges.

The rouge was advancing towards us but as the halo touched him, he crumbled on the ground with his head gripped between his claws.

I felt sorry for him. He appeared to be in excruciating pain whereas all I could feel was a dull throb at the back of my head.

Erian left me to inspect the rouge.

When he was almost about to reach him, the rouge let out a sinister chuckle.

"No!" Erian cried out.

The rouge had shot off past him and now he had me in his hold.

It was a trick.

He tightened his hands around my waist so tightly that my knees gave out and I fell on top of him.

I cried out. His canines broke through the skin where my hidden mark was and a strange warmth spilled in my veins.

He had bitten me.

He retracted his canines, and licked the tender spot where his mark was festering.

"Do you feel that, you pureblood mutt?" He murmured against my neck. "It's my mark. A rouge's mating mark."