Chapter 18 : Realizations

No one really stops to read author's notes but I'd like to say a heartfelt sorry for not updating for a long long time.

Here's another one. Enjoy.

°•°•°•°

Aurora

Demetrius never spoke a word. His actions meant so much more. His eyes spoke for him, and they only projected rage.

My fear stopped me from doing anything rash. Rash things like trying to get away from him.

I needed this. This feeling of being protected. I knew I would curse myself later, for letting down my walls.

I only saw darkness, with my eyes closed, resting my head on his chest.

He walked swiftly but carefully for he was confident that I was no longer in danger. At least I thought he did.

We entered his room, it had my scent now as well. It no longer seemed like Demetrius' room even though I had been here for less than a week. The mate bond had done this. Every tiny aspect of our closeness was heightened.

He set me down on my feet and went to the wardrobe. He rummaged for a while, took out some clothes and put them on the bed, carelessly.

He wanted me to change and he wasn't going anywhere. I shuddered internally, not prepared to fight with him anymore. Shifting tonight had left my bones weak and aching. My skin seemed as if it was being pricked with a thousand needles. No. I was physically exhausted.

I opened my mouth to protest.

But he turned his back to me, his hands folded. What was he doing? This wasn't something Demetrius did. He didn't show consideration.

"Change before I change my mind," he said. He looked out the windows.

A retort grew and died on my lips. I could do this later.

I grabbed the clothes and gingerly removed his shirt and placed it on the bed. Even the slightest movement hurt like hell.
At least the clothes he had bought were comfortable, I thought as I slipped them on. Sleeping pyjamas and a cotton top.

As if on cue, Demetrius turned around.

"What you did tonight was reckless and incredibly stupid, mutt." He spoke as though everything was my doing alone.

"Do you have any idea what could have happened with you? Those wolves are not taught to show mercy. You would have been torn to pieces." His eyes had a tinge of red.

"I would have died happily. It's better than what I'm going through now," I said evenly. I meant it.

He smirked. "You would have begged for death after what they would have done to you."

I shivered. The open windows had let in the cool night air. But I had shivered on account of his words.

Instead of saying something, I climbed into bed, pulled the covers uptil my shoulders and closed my eyes with my back to him.

He left it at that.

I heard his footsteps. He was leaving. Thank God.

But I heard the sound of the door clicking shut. My eyes were still closed but no one can fall asleep that quick. I heard his footsteps, I felt the bed sink in on the other side.