Chapter 6 : The Attack

Aurora

Of course, he was at the Eclipse party! Why hadn't this thought registered to me at the beginning? Our close proximity caused my cheeks to stain and I could make out that he was staring at me.

He must think I'm a cross-eyed idiot.

It took me all of my confidence to not simply wrench away from him and run. Yet, I stayed fixated, like there was something infinitely bigger propelling me towards him.
A sudden gasp tore out of my mouth as his breath blew gently over my ear.

He was leaning in onto me while I froze and was being led like a rag doll in his arms.

This cannot go on like this!

Just as I broke out of his vise-like hold the music, fortunately, had come to an end. His seething rage hit me in uncontrolled waves at my sudden detachment.
Cheerful applause filled the hushed ambience of the dance floor and he snapped out of his mood.
It actually looked like he thought he had some sort of claim on me and the thought was dizzying.

The last thing I noticed was the faint snarl that decorated his lips and the lights went out.
The entire venue was plunged into inky darkness albeit the soft light thrown by the full moon outside. A burst of murmurs and hushed conversations shot through the room until a blood curdling scream echoed from the distance.
A panicky voice cried out, "We're under attack! It's the rouges!"

Chaos erupted and I felt my body get pushed and elbowed from every direction, the result of the stampede that broke. I felt a snap sound from within me as one of my ribs fractured.
Though I was a werewolf, the pain was unbearable. I let out a pained cry.

Instantly, a set of strong arms encircled my tiny body, shielding me from the mayhem. Another expected snap followed as my fractured rib healed. I buried my face in my protector's chest.

"Get her to safety, Erian!"
My dad mind-linked.

"Dad, where are you?"
I interrupted, terror rising in me.

"Just go Erian!"