Chapter 9 : A New World

Surprise Surprise!

Another chapter, enjoy reading! :)

°•°•°•°

Aurora

The sound of heavy feet crunching pine needles on the forest floor resonated faintly in my ears. I was being led away from the people I loved. No. I was man-handled and forcefully snatched.

My mind was telling me to gather courage and fight them off but my heart was made a fool by the bond I shared with my mate. Demetrius.

I hated the world I lived in. I hated it because it gave males total dominance over us. Slaves, that is what we are made after being mated. Compelled to care and compelled to love without throwing an inch of selfishness over ourselves.

Some discovered mating through sacred means. A rich and deeply rooted custom that allowed us to find our most compatible life partner and continue the werewolf gene.

In the beginning, mates and bonds were forged between Clans of different power and status. It didn't quite matter where your mate came from as long as all the protocols got followed.

But as our kind progressed, a number of people began considering the idea of having mates within blood bounds alone. They thought that blood from a Clan shouldn't be contaminated with that of others'. Simply put they desired to enforce pureblood mating and bonding.

Naturally, an upset in the balance of way things worked caused rebellion to grow. A great and terrible war broke out and countless were bloodied up and murdered.

Clans that had crossblood mates and bonds were given the chance to surrender or die. It wasn't that easy because being a werewolf meant to hold your pride and dignity and by that code the Clans chose to die. Only the children were spared but only just. Orphaned and alone they too slowly disappeared.

I was walking mindlessly, mulling over the anger and hatred in my head.

The spasms of pain that came only a few minutes earlier had toned down to a burning sensation at the base of my neck. A sideways glance revealed that our mark was still glowing amber.

Demetrius strutted a few paces in front of me, his attention entirely on his destination. Where ever that was.

I couldn't read their mind-linkings since he hadn't finalized our bond. This meant a formal ceremony on his territory under a full moon. But things could change without notice, this I was aware of with Demetrius.

He had found the means to harness the torment caused by the lunar eclipsce, even more so, enduring it better than purebloods. But the most shocking was his power to manipulate the bond he forced on me.

My line of vision was still a bit blurry, probably because of the festering mark on my neck. All I knew was that we had been diving deeper and deeper into the dark forest, taking a new direction every two minutes.

"We're almost there, Demetrius," someone barked from his left side.

"She will need to shift. Now."

I thought I was imagining the voices until Demetrius stopped and abruptly turned around.

His sudden action brought me a tad too close for comfort. Slanted shafts of silver moonlight struck from above and gave him the look of a demonic angel possessed by the lust for power.

Surely, he was no angel but I couldn't argue with the term demon. He was by all means just that; a demon.

Bravely, I craned my head up and met his eyes head on. His strong sculpted jaw ground and I found myself looking everywhere but his eyes.

A faint snarl decorated his lips. The bastard! He was enjoying this.

"Shift." He spoke, his voice reminded me of soft charcoal being rubbed against paper.
Like an artist expected the charcoal to produce lines and curves, Demetrius expected to be followed without question.

The need to defy him grew within me like a beast. It was strong. But the need to please him battled that beast, striking it down.

I felt raw shame and only wished to melt away into a puddle on the dirt.

I could at least try reasoning with him. If I had this need then he must also.

"Why?" I questioned.

He gritted his teeth and growled softly, "Shift. Now."
"But I-I don't have any clothes," I faultered.

"Shift now or I can always force you to," he snarled and I saw his fingers getting curled into fists.

I realized that every rouge behind us had stopped dead in their tracks and were watching us in silence. Not a muscle moved and I wondered if they were breathing at all.

This was why they had sworn loyalty to Demetrius. An alpha that radiated dominance and could even control something as powerful as the werewolf bond.

This was power-play and I knew my chance of winning were slim at the most.

I tried to hold my place and stubbornly stood in front of him, half frozen with fear at what he might possibly do.

He stared at me. Simply stared.

He unravelled his fingers at his sides and I shivered without thought.

The burn that our mark gave me was transforming into something. Something stronger than my will. It twisted and gnawed at my insides like a thousand blades.

It melted and poured through my veins like rainwater channeling through gutters. It felt dark and greedy.

Demetrius was inside my head.

He commanded, "Shift you mutt."

I whimpered as my body morphed against my will. In a few short moments, I lay bared as a wolf in front of him.

Like a new born baby did, I gulped down big breaths of air and felt humiliated before everyone.

He gave a curt nod to his Clan and they all shifted effortlessly into their wolves.
Finally, he shifted and a wolf twice my size materialized with ugly scars and an ashen black coat of fur.

I hated him.

He was still inside my head.

"Disobey me again and I will make you beg for death or better yet make you wish you were never born."

He turned his attention to a wolf that possibly was his beta and barked some instructions.

Out of nowhere, a wall of molten blue liquid appeared before us and Demetrius walked through it and vanished. It was like the wall had gobbled him up.

If only that were true.

The wolf he had spoken to earlier came beside me and with his face nudged me to my feet. He was surprisingly gentle. I used his wolf as support to walk to the wall and waited for something to happen.

The wall actually didn't feel like liquid instead it brushed past my fur like cool sand.

As we emerged on the other side, I saw a modern mansion nestled in the middle of a cluster of trees.
It was all straight lines and unpainted.

The home of the demon.

As you go along, please tap the vote 'star' or drop in your comment! (Only if you want to, that is :)