Chapter 17: Control

I am a colossal jerk for not updating for months. Sorry everyone! 

°•°•°•°

Aurora

And I was there, wearing Demetrius' shirt.

Sure enough all the Pack fighters were relaxing the remaining hours of the moon, until I made my dramatic entrance.

I flushed a deep red, a glistening of tears forming in my eyes that had no right to appear now. It seemed my body refused to listen to my mind. It kept acting stubbornly, quite like Demetrius. Sensibility had deserted me, as I stood at the focal point of numerous eyes.

Eyes that had began to glow. A rich mellow golden that unmistakably I was the cause of. These were Fighter wolves and I was the mate of an Alpha. An unwanted mate but a mate nonetheless.

They desired what the highest status of power brought. Me.

My bare feet were stuck, unmoving on the floor. I clutched the ends of the shirt I was wearing, tugging it downwards in a futile attempt.

Thundering footsteps sounded from the direction I had just escaped from.

Strong, steely hands drew possessively over my belly.

"Don't move." Demetrius whispered, his breath grazing the tips of my ear. "Do exactly as I say, Aurora."

There was a definite authority in his voice. The blush left my skin, as I took in the first time he spoke my name.

I did not know whether he took my silence as agreement or not but he didn't let go. A wave of relief doused over me.

With a gentle nudge, Demetrius pulled me against his torso, the tough wall of muscles providing a sense of protection. Much needed protection.

A fat drop of tear rolled a silent path down my cheek, splashing on his hand. He growled in annoyance and anger. My eyes scoured the glowing eyes, hoping that they would back down now.

But the agitation remained, flourishing and expanding. Their canines were morphing into their animal side. Sharp and ferocious. A few even sniffed the air as though tasting me.

I shivered, not realising Demetrius' presence and he growled. His hands pressed with more force, to show possession. I thought to break free but then decided against it. I could show rebellion later.

In a silent war of authority and power, both parties stood their ground. Neither one unyielding.

But an Alpha's blood ran through Demetrius' veins. His mere presence pushed the Fighter wolves into playing submissive.

Claws extended from Demetrius' hands, his werewolf side at the brink of appearing. But he had immense control, that much I knew. He was doing this on purpose.

To display sheer power and vindictive authority.

Tense seconds passed that felt like hours. Finally, the power-play ended. The Fighter wolves were pushed into submission, their heads bowed, their eyes normal and averted.

For the second time in a day, Demetrius slipped his arms underneath my knees and picked me up. I didn't even bother to protest. I was too tired and too afraid that he would explode his pent up anger.

His eyes were burning with cold fury.