Chapter 43: Surgery

Start from the beginning

By the time I was done Nick came in with Bella. "Hey, you about ready babe?" He asked me, coming over and helped me with my shoes since it was hard to bend down and put them on. "As ready as I'll ever be." I sighed and leaned back on the bed. "Come on, you can sleep when we get home. I know you had a rough night with your levels, but we still have to go to your pre-op appointment for your knee." I sighed and put my hands out to signal him to pull me up.

Once I sat back up, he handed me my crutches. I reluctantly took them and we walked out to the living room. "Ready to go sweetie?" Mom asked when we walked in. "No, but I know I have to." She smiled and came and hugged me. "Come on, let's get going. Don't want to be late. I already put the stroller and car seat in my car and got the diaper bag along with your kit refilled." I sighed and went out to the car. Mom and Nick followed behind me with Bella. 

I sat in the back seat next to Bella in case she needed to be feed, while Nick drove and his mom sat in the front seat. I decided to text Demi and Maya on the way there to help pass the time. I had my headphones in and my Zune playing my worship music to help put me in a better mood. I need a distraction and my music and talking to Demi and Maya were the things i decided to use as my distraction. 

Conversation: Andi- bold italics Demi-Bold Maya-italics 

From: AJMJ To: Demi 💜; Maya a.k.a. Jersey girl

Hey. I'm on my way to my pre-op appointment for my knee and I need something to help cheer me up and try to distract me. HELP ME PLZ?????!!!!!!!!!

From: Demi 💜

What's wrong??? Tell me plz!!!! 

From: Maya a.k.a. Jersey girl

What's wrong???? Are you nervous about what they're gonna say?? We can't help if you don"t tell us whats wrong. 

I sighed and leaned back against my seat and looked over at Bella. She was sound asleep and looked really peaceful. She was taking my mind off my knee for a bit until I was hit with a sharp pain shooting down my leg. I tried not to scream so i wouldn't wake her or distract Nick. I grabbed my purse and pulled out my medicine and took a couple hoping they would take away the pain and a prevention for any more pain I may have when I get to the orthopedist. I waited for the pain to subside before I replied to the girls. 

From: AJMJ 

Maya, you're right. I am a bit scared of they're going to do and say. I know i need this but at the same time i don't because it means it be even long before I'm able to hold Bella standing and not sitting.  I don't want to go back on my anti-depressants but if I tell Nick or Mom they'll make me. I needed them then but I don't need them now. Bella is my anti-depressant. Looking at her makes me happy.

 I looked over at Bella who was still sleeping. I was envious of her at the moment wish I was still asleep in bed like she was. Soon i felt the car stop and i looked up and saw were had arrived at the doctor's office. I sighed and reluctantly got out of the car with help from Mom. Nick came over and pulled me into a hug. I sighed and relax in his embrace. "Come on, let's get this over with. The sooner we get this over with the sooner we can go home and go back to bed or do what ever you want to do." I nodded and let go of the hug and went inside. 

When we got there, Mom signed me in and we sat and waited for my name to be called. As we were waiting my knee flared up again, but stronger than it was in the car. Nick sensed my pain and started messing with my knee until the pain stopped. After about 4 minutes my leg was still hurting but the pain wasn't as strong as it was. "Better babe?" he asked when I started to relax a bit. "Yeah. That was a strong one. Worse than it was in the car." "What do you mean in the car?" he asked me a bit concerned. I sighed and told him. " I had an attack in the car but took my meds as soon as it happened. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to distract you while you were driving."