Chapter 30: Long tiring days

RECAP: So Bella was admitted and we were taken to her room. Once she was settled in her bed, they started her IV and she was not happy about it. I had to sit on the bed and hold her while they did it. I kept her arms down so she couldn't resist the nurse when they put the IV in. Luckily they put a brace on the IV so she couldn't take it out. Once it was in and she calmed down a bit they gave her some antibiotics to help break the fever and they also gave her some medicine to help her sleep.

Once she was asleep I felt a sense of relief and worry at the same time. "Hey come sit down. You need to stay off your leg until you've been cleared." Nick told me as he came up next to me. "Okay." So I covered her with one of my baby blankets that Denise packed and went and sat down on the couch next to Nick.

When we sat down he put my legs in his lap and started rubbing my bad knee carefully and slowly. "Just relax. Stressing yourself out about her is going to make things worse." "I know. I just can't help it. Maybe I should call Seth and Mindy (my pastor and his wife) and talk to them about it. Maybe they will be able to calm me down." "It's up to you baby." So I got my phone out of my pocket and called Seth. "Hello?" "Hey Seth, it's Andi." "Hey Andi!! How are you?" I sighed. "Been better." "Right, I heard about your knee? How is it?"

"Okay. Slowly getting better." "That's good. How's the munchkin?" "Not so good." "Uh-oh, what's wrong?" "Don't know. She was running a high fever. They admitted her about an hour ago. They gave her some IV antibiotics and something to help her sleep not that long ago." "So sorry to hear that. How's Nick dealing with it?" "Better than me. He and his mom are the ones keeping me calm at the moment."

"That's good. Well we'll have the church pray for you guys. Keep me updated on her condition please and feel free to talk to me again if you need to." "Thanks Seth. That means alot to us." "Your welcome. Now I got some planning to do for Sunday." Okay I'll let you go then." "Alright. Love you." Love you too Seth." I hung up and sighed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~* Andrea's POV ~*~*~*~*

"What's wrong?" Nick asked. "Nothing just tired." "Well get some sleep and if anything changes I'll wake you okay?" "Thanks babe." "You're welcome." I was still in my pj's which con sited of Nick's t-shirt and my old p.e. sweatpants. So I got comfortable and took a nap. I dont remember how long I was asleep for because the next thing I knew Nick was waking me up.

"Hey babe, wake up. They have news about Bella." So I immediately woke up and went over to her bed. "Well we got her test results back and it seems that everything is fine and she just had a bad case of the flu and the fever should be going down with the medicine we gave her. And all her heart tests came back clean. So as soon as her fever goes down she should be able to go home."

I sighed and felt relieved. "You were smart to bring her in. With her being so young and a preemie when she was born it could have been alot worse." "Well its a good thing that they came to me when they did." "It definitely was. If you had waited any longer her fever may have gotten worse and she would be here longer." "We're just glad she's getting the help she needs." "Well I'll leave you guys alone. I'll be back later to re-check her temperature. Let me know if you need anything else."

"We will, thank you." She smiles and leave us alone. "I'm so glad its nothing serious." I say out loud. "Same here babe. You look tired. How about you get some more sleep." I simply nod and lay back down on the couch. A nurse comes in and brings us some pillows and blankets. We thanked her and I get comfortable and went back to sleep. The next time I woke up, I heard Bella crying which meant her sleeping aid wore off.

I slowly wake up and carefully walk over to her bed with out my crutches. I gently pick her up out of her bed carefully being cautious with her IV and grabbed her blanket and wrapped it around her and sat down in the rocking chair and started feeding her. She quickly relaxed and started eating. I cover her up with the blanket and let her eat.