Chapter 43: Surgery

RECAP: When we got home Kevin helped me out of the car and into the house. When I got inside, I went straight to the bedroom and slowly changed my clothes and got into bed. Nick came in not long after I got in bed. "You did great up there tonight. You didn't seem nervous at all to me. How do you think you did?" He told me as he was changing. "Better than I thought I would. Now that that's over with I can focus on getting my strength back in my knee."

"I know but don't forget that you have another appointment in a couple of days since you still need to have surgery to repair everything." I sighed. I hate it when he's right and kills my good mood. "I know, I know I just don't want to think about it right now. I just had a fun night and you mentioning the surgery kills my good mood. I just don't want to think about it until I have to." He sighed and came over and laid next to me.

He pulled me into his sided and held me. "I'm sorry babe but you know it's going to happen sooner than you think. I didn't mean to upset you and be a kill joy but if you thinking its going to happen sooner than you realize. It's not good to keep putting it off in your mind. It's only gonna make things worse when the time comes. I know you don't want this to happen but it's gonna make you better.

I know you hate the idea if being in therapy over the summer but just think by the time school starts in the fall, you won't have deal with your crutches unless you have to. Plus you can be able to work out in dance if you get it again and you have an excuse about not being able to run." He was trying to cheer me up but it wasn't working. "I know. I'm sorry for my mood. I'm just tired and want to get some sleep. It's been a long day." He sighed and dropped the subject. 

"It's okay. Don't forget I how you're feeling and so does Joe. We understand how you must have felt up there watching everyone perform and you not being able to be with them. Just know that in a few months we'll be done with therapy and being able to do what we love to do." I sighed and moved closer to him.

I hated snapping at him for trying to cheer me up but I hated thinking about my up coming surgery but I just had a good day and by him mentioning it kinda ruined my happy mood. "Thanks for trying to cheer me up but I just don't want to talk about it anymore tonight. I just want to get some sleep." "Okay that's fine. We'll talk about it when you're ready. I'm sorry for being a buzz kill." He kissed my head and turned the lights off and turned the tv on to help me sleep.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

~*~*~*Andi's POV 3 days later *~*~*~*

Today was the day of my appointment to go over everything for my surgery which was coming up in a week. I sighed and slowly got dressed after I ate breakfast. I was having an off day yesterday which made going to my appointment even worse since I was really tired and wanted to sleep. I slipped on Nick's Beatles Abbey Road shirt , a pair of loose yoga pants and my grey UGGs. I slipped my hair into a loose ballet bun and changed my phone case.