Chapter 62: Getting ready for the wedding

RECAP: "So do you still want to watch a movie before bed?" He asked me when he got closer. "Maybe tomorrow night. I just kinda want to relax and maybe go to sleep early tonight. I'm starting to feel the jet lag and time change kick in." "That's fine. Take your meds yet?" He asked when he put his clothes away. "Not yet. Can you put my computer and movies away and grab those for me please?" "Sure." So he put his clothes away, grabbed my laptop and movies off the bed, put them back in the travel bag I brought them in and grabbed my meds out of the bathroom.

While he was gathering all of my meds, I could feel Bella starting to slow down, meaning she was getting full and tired, so I asked him to grab me a burp cloth on his way back. "Hey babe, can you look for a burp cloth when you come back in? I think she's starting to fall asleep." "Sure. Want to take more pain meds or are you still good from earlier?" "Grab them. Don't want middle of the night pain or muscle spasms." "No problem." So he came in the room, placed my meds on the nightstand and started looking for a burp cloth. "Where did you put them?" "Check either my suitcase, her's or the diaper bag. I know I grabbed a new pack right before we left."

So he checked my suitcase first, just in case they got mixed up with my stuff when I was packing. When he couldn't them in there, he checked the diaper bag next in case there was one in there. He grabbed the bag of the dresser and brought it over to the bed so he could look through it better. He placed a few things on the bed before he found one. "Want me to do it so you can take your meds?" He asked me while he was putting the stuff he took out back in the bag. "Sure that would be nice, thanks honey." "No problem. Just pass her to me when you think she's done."

So I checked her and saw she had fallen asleep, so I gently moved her away from my chest and passed her to him. Once he had a good grip on her, he started burping her while I covered back up and took my meds. Once my meds were taken and he got a good burp out of her, we both decided to put her to bed and go to sleep ourselves. He made sure to pass her back to me so I could tell her goodnight and give her a kiss before he put her in her bed. Once we both told her goodnight and kissed her, Nick placed her in her bed and then crawled in next to me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~Day after knee flare up *~*~*

It's the day after arriving in New York for the wedding, Bella was amazing everyone she would meet. Everyone thought that she was going to be having a hard time adjusting to the environment but she was acting like she was doing just fine with everything. She just loved looking all around and having everyone wanting to hold her and play with her. She was definitely showing off her social butterfly personality and everyone just loved it.

She loved having so much attention on her and I couldn't stop smiling seeing her so loved and happy with everyone. I was still upset about the latest flare up with my knee. I was hoping for at least one trip with no issues like this, just it being sore and stiff from the flight, not suddenly give out while I was walking around the garden. I was a bit upset about it when I remember that I'm going to be on crutches for the wedding, something I was trying to avoid at all costs. I can easily hide a brace under my dress if it was really bothering me that much, but crutches make it very obvious that something happened. I was hoping to avoid everyone being distracted by me and not very focused on Kevin and Dani and them getting married.

But the only good part about it is that some of the girls offered to help me decorate the crutches so they match my dresses better and not stick out as much. I was kinda excited about it because it was going to be a way to get closer to Dani's sisters since they live in New Jersey and I have only meet them on a few times before now. It's nice having Kathleen/Katie around since it makes me feel better about being one of the youngest bridesmaids and it was nice having another person around my age besides Nick. And Bella just adores her so much. I've never seen her get attached to someone so quickly as fast as she has in the short time they've been around each other this trip.