//O N E\\

Twink (n)
An attractive, boyish-looking, young gay man. The stereotypical is 18-22, slender with little or no body hair, often blonde, dresses in club wear even at 10:00 AM, and is not particularly intelligent.

-Urban Dictionary

J I M I N

Today is my first day of school in Daegu.

I walk into the building with my back pack on and my head held high, confidence radiating from me in waves.

Honestly, switching schools was hard. Especially for the reason I did, but that's a story for another time. But my mother always told me, "The higher your head, the more people look up to you. Even when they know you're going through a tough time."

I had to stay strong today. For my mother. For my little brother. For Busan.

"Hello, my name is Kim Taehyung. I believe you are the new student, Park Jimin?" A boy asks when he comes up to me in the hallway.

"Yes, that is me."

"Great, well, I am your school guide for this year, if you need anything, just ask me." The boy, Taehyung, says with a huge smile.

"Um, actually, can you show me where my first period is?"

"Sure, let me see your schedule." He says and I pull the folded piece of paper from my back pocket.

"Oh, we have the same class. Come on, I'll show you where it is. Have you already had breakfast?"

"Yeah, my mom got up extra early to fix me a huge breakfast." I overshare with him. I probably need to stop doing that.

"Cool, okay, here's the classroom. I'm sitting over there with the group of boys in the back. You can sit with us if you want." Taehyung says with his big smile.

"Alright." I say, sheepishly.

We walk back to the group of boys. From what I count, there are five of them minus Taehyung and me.

"Who's this, Taehyung?" A tall blonde boy asks as he and the rest of the group looks up to me. So far they all seem very nice.

"His name is Park Jimin. He's new." Taehyung says, emphasizing the last part as he seems to shoot daggers at a brown-haired boy with a frown on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Tae?" The boy asks.

"Well, I don't know. I was trying to convey that we needed to be nice to him and not all of us are nice to people we don't know." Tae tells the other boy who just huffs in disagreement.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Jimin. My name is Namjoon, this is Jin, Hoseok, you've already met Tae, Jungkook, and that is Yoongi. He is not the nicest to new people, as Tae said earlier."

"Why did you move here, Jimin?" Jungkook, I think, asks me. He's kind of cute.

"Uh, family problems. I really don't want to talk about it. Is it okay if I start hanging with you guys?" I ask, trying to secure myself a seat at lunch.

"Of course. We were going to meet up after school today. Do you want to come?" Hoseok asks, seeming to shoot rays of pure sunshine from himself in waves.

"I would love to." I say and Yoongi huffs again. I wonder if he does that a lot.

"Good morning class, my name is Mrs. Min and I am you homeroom teacher. Does anyone have any questions about their schedule?" Mrs. Min says as she walks in the classroom.

What a great start to my first day. I seem to have already created problems for myself.

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

556 words