Calm

Hae Soo

Smiling as she looks up at the beautiful clear sky, she sucks in the fresh air and let the weather uplift her. It had been a while but finally she could get back to her normal routine with some welcome additions. She still got ready with her prince, but now before leaving the residence, her prince made sure to lightly kiss Seol's cheeks as farewell. Her breakfast was taken together with Seol along with Woo Hee and Soon Deok. Then she goes out hands in hand with Seol to do her various duties. Inspection of the household, keeping notes on the supplies, and then they will go for walks or visits. Visits to Damiwon, to the palace gardens, to the prayer stones. It did not matter where as she was simply happy as seeing Seol walking right beside her filled her with so much warmth and happiness that she was afraid that it was all a dream. She may have missed her daughter's first steps, first words and other things, but now she was here and she could be her mother.

As she went around, she noticed the changes due to her new status as an adopted Princess. The court ladies bowing the moment she passes by, not straightening up till she acknowledge them, which she did quickly as she could still remember her days as a court lady quite clearly. Not to mention she noticed the additional pair of eyes watching her. Watching her to see any weakness exposed. Weakness they could use against her and her prince when they need it. Unfortunately for them, she was not naive like many of them thought as she was used to the scrutiny of the palace. The difference was that this time, she was not dealing with heartbreak along with the stress. No this time, her heart was safe. And she was not mentally exhausted that the palace's hidden darkness will affect her in a terrible way. No this time, she was fighting with all of her might to stay strong and not giving up.

Wang So

Perhaps they thought it was subtle and he had notice them. Sadly for those court officials and nobles, he had more than enough experience with politics and noble's behaviour that he could read the reason behind their behaviours easily. They were all keeping an eye on him. Just ready to see a weakness and use that to their advantage. But anything that they could use was not something big enough to affect him since he had the heavens on his side. He knew that this was the calm before the storm. The best time to strike will be right before the Ninth Lunar Festival. Which was still far away.

First, there will be the royal wedding of the 10th Prince Wang Eun to Park Soon Deok that will take place in a month or so. An ideal time once again for spies to enter the palace under disguise, but he had made sure that none of the servants or officials will go near his wife and child without being observed. Even if he could not always be with them, the five royal guards as well as the trusted personal servants were keeping an eye out. As for Chae ryung, he had her placed as a tester for drinks and so far she was not showing any sign of betrayal.

Until he had a better idea of plans of his enemies, all he could do was to prepare. Just what he was doing right now, making all of his younger brothers train in martial arts. No excuses allowed. He will make all of them able to at least be able to get one strike on him.

"Eun-ah, where are you going?" He said to the retreating back of his little brother. Who realized that he was caught and was now looking at him with a pleading look in his eyes. Sadly for him, Eun was making the wrong expression. That look only reminded him of his unfair death. An event that he will avoid at all costs. "Eun-ah, you did not finish the routine yet. You can't leave before you are at least able to complete one out of the twenty strikes." Adding on with a serious look, "you had to do at least this much, unless you want Soon Deok to beat you up."

"But, Hyungnim," Eun's face truly was the face of a protesting child, "I know that I said this was the birthday present I wanted but...I changed my mind. This is too hard."