Departure from the Palace

At the palace gates

The horses and the soldiers were all ready at the palace gates for the 4th prince's trip to Silla and Hubaekje. As the royals, more like the 4th prince, want to have an easier time on the road, they had decided to head out as soon as the sunlight touches all of the palace. The guards for the trip along with Park Soon Deok were Yong, the fast runner and with him there were Heok, Jin, San and Tae. Unlike other royals, the 4th prince was known to prefer fast and efficient thus there was no carriages in the group, only horses. There were three horses that had been fitted to carry a cart behind them, another one of Astronomer's invention, that had all the rations that were going to be distributed to the citizens of both Silla and Hubaekje. Then all the other horses had on their back a few chests of personal luggage of its rider or riders. The 4th prince was also quite punctual for he had brought all of the travellers on time just as it was almost time for departure. Silently the 4th prince assess the preparations then signal everyone to mount their horses. Then in no time at all, while the rest of Songak was still covered in darkness, the entourage leaves the palace and onwards to the most direct route to Silla.

Woo Hee

Last night as soon as she had entered Byul, she had been escorted to what she learnt to be her room so that she could rest. The 4th prince's party was going to set off very early in the morning thus the prince and his wife had already retired to their chambers. As she had not slept on a bed in so long, she did not complain and after a quick change into her sleepwear, she fell asleep.

In particularly no time at all, Woo Hee was woken up by servants. Apparently when Jae Hee told her early, it meant dawn. But even that couple of hours gave her a refreshing sleep for her so she was content and quickly wears her travelling hanbok, then follows the servant called Chae Ryung to the front entrance where the 4th prince and his wife was apparently waiting.

As the sky starts to lighten with the approaching dawn, Woo Hee catches the first proper look at the royal couple. The 4th prince was dressed in a brown half-sleeve hanbok on top of his black hanbok (ep.8 boat scene). His hair rather than unbound, it was up in a ponytail and she could see that he had on a mask on the left side of his face. A black mask with gold accents. As the room in the Gyobang had such limited light, she had not been able to even see the prince's face with clarity. Now that she could see, she could see the reason that he was called a cruel man. What with his appearance of sharp eyes accented by kohl, mask, with his preference for black. He may be seen like a grim reaper to some. Now Woo Hee turn her head towards his wife.

Lady Hae Soo who had gained the favor of the King so easily after her marriage. People had told rumors that she must be such a calculating woman with a great beauty that had been able to have the 4th prince, the prince with two powerful families and a fearsome reputation take an orphan like her to be his first wife. Then as soon as her engagement was set, she had the support of the three unmarried young princes, and soon had the Grand General's daughter as a close friend, not to mention how both the King and the Crown Prince actually treats her as their relative with affection, not just with civility. But that was not what Woo Hee saw when she look at Lady Hae Soo as her husband hands her a red cape to wear.

The lady was not calculating nor a deadly beauty, she was a pure being of light that shone like the moon and stars. Lady Hae was around the same age as Woo Hee but unlike her tired and strained face, she shine with a glow, she seem like an innocent child next to the fearsome 4th prince. But together they blend well together like day and night or light and dark. Lady Hae wore a white short shirt and she had on a slim dark red skirt, in a style similar to that of a court lady will wear, with a red belt on top of the white. As she dons the cape and the 4th prince raises the hood up, it covers her hair which was set in a simple bun (birthday party style). Rather than an ambitious woman, Lady Hae Soo seems to be an unforgettable beautiful treasure whom people either wants to protect or taint.