Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Stephan's idea of getting my mind off things was taking me to the local arcade, that barely anyone ever went to anymore. They probably were going out of business as we speak because there is no way they could survive with practically no business. For all I knew, they were out of business and Stephan bribed them into opening it and letting me play around on the games.

They were still open though, there were always those new little kids that wander off into this place from all the neon lights, and game sounds, begging their parents for money. I remember how I used to be that kid, but I was still that kid. I guess this was one thing I would never grow up from.

I ran into the arcade, towards a plump teenager manning the front counter, while probably her boss was in the back smoking, or doing drugs. No, I kid, he was probably not even there. She had fake red hair that was pulled up into a pony tail, causing her puffy cheeks to stretch back, as if she just had plastic surgery and it made your face look all tight. She chewed on her gum loudly, and blew a bubble, it popping all over her face. She wore a pale yellow, low cut, arcade shirt, her boobs practically falling right out of it, along with a short skirt that showed her fat legs. Sometimes I wondered why bigger people dressed so slutty, it wasn't attractive.

"Take a picture it will last longer," She said seductively, even her voice was irritating: high, and pitchy. She leaned over the counter and popped her gum, eyeing me. "What do you want, pretty boy?"

I was cringing in my skin, and then handed her a ten dollar bill. She eyed it like as if it had a disease and then glared up at me. I waved the ten in her face and she crossed her arms, making her boobs pop out more, I tried my best not took look, it was horrifying.

"Sorry, I'm not a hooker, if you think you can buy me," a small smile tugged on the corner of her lips. Stephan just stood there, amused by the teenage girl who thought I wanted her. If only she knew that I was gay.

"I want tokens for the games, not your - uh - body," I cringed again and shivered in my skin. Her eyebrows perched and she growled lowly and took my ten and handed me 100 tokens, all thrown into a little basket. I grabbed it quickly and ran like a mad man to my favorite game, skee ball. that luckily was on the other side of the arcade.

"That girl is insane," Stephan commented once we were out of ear shot from the girl who was examining. "I about turned gay myself."

I glared at Stephan and elbowed him in the stomach, "Shut up, wanna be fag." I put a token into the skee ball machine and it lit up, the scores starting at 0. The balls fell down from where they were being kept, and I picked one up and threw it so that it slid across the ramp-like surface and into a circle that said '50', getting me 50 points. I did this several times, then I went for the one of the top far left and right; they were both worth 100 points. I made a couple times, but other than that all my other balls missed and went back to where they will be held for the next game.

My score was 550 and the machine gave me 50 tickets, and I eagerly grabbed them and folded them up so that they were easier to carry around. The arcade smelled of cheep popcorn, and vomit, a weird combination, but it was comforting in a way.

I played the game five more times, then went onto play the classic game of pac-man. I had a total of 300 tickets now, I couldn't wait to get more and see what I could get. Stephan played along with me and got more tickets, now adding up to 450, he wasn't very good at games. He usually watched me and my amazingness.

One time when we were playing the bigger girl came around and when I was trying to play a game, she grabbed my ass. Like full on grabbed it. I flinched and stayed there a moment and looked over my shoulder at her and she winked at me, licking her lips. I wanted to throw up.