Chapter Fifteen

All I could think about, when I woke up, that next morning was the splitting headache that throbbed every time I moved. I don't know why I do this to myself, but then again, I always say that the day after I got wasted, and usually I'm in the club the next night. I groaned and ran a hand through my hair when I felt my bed shift. My heart jumped into my throat as I slowly turned to see Anthony lying beside me peacefully. Great, I was too drunk to remember anything that happened last night. For all I knew we could have had sex.

I sighed and rolled over onto my side, touching his blonde hair lightly, brushing it back from his face as it fell over from sleep. Memories began to come back to me, how most mornings I would wake up like this and just stare at him while he slept; he never liked it though. I kept brushing his hair back and tucked it behind his ear only to reveal the little black mark, that was just behind his ear. I leaned forward, looking closer at it, and I saw my nickname written in elegant cursive and it was in ink. My heart began to beat faster inside my chest, swelling up. That's when Anthony decided to get up.

He groaned to himself, probably in the same state I was in. "Jayden, I swear if you were staring at me again..." Antony spoke softly, almost in a whisper, as he rubbed his temples with his eyes closed. I trailed my finger along my name that was inked onto his ear and he instantly froze in realization.

A smirk spread across my lips as Anthony glance at my silently. It made me happy to see my name there, inked onto his skin permanently, something about that action was so sweet. "Did... we?" His face scrunched up a little at the thought of it, but something flashed across his features, but it was too quick to decipher.

"Hell if I know! Honestly, last night was a blur for me." I sighed again and my headache came back, I was thinking about what happened last night. I ran my hands over my face and fell back down into my bed. "I should ask my parents. They might know."

"No!" Anthony stared down at me with a scared stricken look, on his face. I smiled and shook my head, receiving a rather hard punch from Anthony as he realized that I was joking because I would never ask my parents if we did anything.

"All I can say is that we better get ready for the day." I pushed myself out of my bed and found myself only in my boxers. This wasn't looking good so far. I stepped out, onto my floor, and glanced around to see the clothes and pictures that were in a box, all over again. The pictures of Anthony and I. Why must I get absolutely wasted because now there were little black spots in my memory that I couldn't remember.

"Umm," I turned towards Anthony who spoke, dragging a hand through my thick black mess most people call hair. Anthony still sat on my bed, glancing underneath the sheets, "I'm not wearing any pants or boxers." I groaned and rubbed my head in annoyance. Way to go Jayden, way to go.

"I'm sorry, Anthony," I grumbled and headed towards my bathroom. "If we did anything last night... well, I'm just sorry." I closed my eyes, rubbing my temples. I really didn't know what to say. I didn't want to get Anthony's hopes up that we were going to get back together because I just couldn't go back to that kind of commitment after all this time, and after how much Anthony hurt me the first time.

Standing there in front of my mirror, I glanced up at myself. My tattoo lines were going everywhere, almost like camo in a black and white movie. I can sure be an ass sometimes. I turned on the shower and stepped into the warm water, letting it cascade down my body, as I thought about what might have happened last night. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration, and placed my other hand out, on the side of the shower. That's just what I need, Anthony getting closer to me again, and then me leaving because of my damn cancer.