Chapter 101

It's 101! Like Nomad 101. I'm so tempted to make this the last chapter just for that sake, but I'll be a good girl. Enjoy! I definitely enjoyed writing.

***

**| Sean's POV |**

I led Sang into the room Owen claimed as his office. He wouldn't care and I wanted the privacy with her as I checked her health. With everything that has been going on in her life, I was concerned for her safety. I didn't want her pushing herself so hard that her body gave out.

I got it. I did. She wanted this meeting with her father over and the waiting was eating at her. I was the same way. My impulsiveness and waiting drove Owen up a wall more times than I could count.

Sang went over and sat in on the visitor's chairs in front of the desk, Sprinkles cupped closely to her chest. I went to the closet and pulled out my doctor's bag. With his office being on the first floor, this was the most convenient spot to stash it.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. "Are you sore? Tired? Any discomforts? Headaches? Nausea?"

"Dr. Sean," Sang said with a smile. "One at a time, yes? I feel fine."

I narrowed my eyes at her as I pulled out the blood pressure cuff. "I'm going to take your blood pressure. The last time we took it, it was too low, but I'm hoping with all the rest and with three square meals a day, it has gone up a bit."

She nodded and didn't say anything as she shifted Sprinkles so she held him in one arm. I took her blood pressure. I frowned as I listened and sighed as I took the cuff off her arm.

"So what's the diagnosis?" she asked.

"Still a little low. But it's expected. Not as low as last time, so that's good. I want to see you carrying a bottle of water around all the time. Do you get dizzy?"

She shrugged. "Nothing new."

I gritted my teeth and tried to hold in my frustration. Why did she have to be so stubborn.

"Sang," I said, shifting so I kneeled close to her, resting my hands on her knees. I gave them a squeeze to make sure I had her attention. "I know it's been hard for you to take care of your body, but I need to know you're doing it now. We're here to help you and I want you to take advantage of that. I can't agree with this plan with your father if I know you're not getting healthy. I'd have to fight to put you on bed rest instead. I wouldn't be a doctor if I didn't put your health first."

Her eyes glazed over briefly as she remembered something, but then she focused back on me, her green eyes clear and determined.

"You can try, Dr. Green, but I will meet with my father. Please don't take this away from me. I'm trying. I really am, but old habits are hard to break. I'm sore, but these last few weeks, I'd been feeling sore with everything that happened to me. I'm handling it and you're making sure I stay healthy. Do I get dizzy once in a while? Yes, but I promise to drink more water and make sure to eat more. We're fixing this. So please, just let me meet my father."

I sighed. Dammit, she was right. I couldn't take this away from her. I'd hate myself afterwards and she just might too. The thought of her hating me twisted my heart and felt like a stab in the gut.

"Okay." I nodded. "We'll deal with this. One day at a time. If you feel any discomfort, if you feel sick, nauseous, dizzy, you need to let one of us know."

She smiled and my breath hitched at how it morphed her expression. She looked so much younger, innocent even. "I will."

I could only nod. That was the best I could do. The rest of the time past quietly as I checked her recent wounds and then her old ones. She was healing fine. When I finished, I packed everything away carefully in the bag and put it back in the closet.