Chapter 98

I'm going to toss in some mystery for you. Enjoy! And Happy New Year! This story has been going for a year now. Wow..... I should probably end it soon. Thank you for a year of support, you guys are the reason this story exists and is still going. Your comments and votes motivate me and when I'm struggling, I love going back and reading all the comments, so thank you.

Enjoy!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

Owen and Luke brought me into the city in Owen's grey BMW. I sat in the passenger seat and kept glancing at Owen, overlaying the stern, proper man currently following the laws of the road to the one who had cuddled a skunk. It was hard. The two were too different.

"Owen?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"When do you think they'll let me meet with my father?" I asked. It had been days now and still, nothing. Sean and North were the strongest in telling me I wasn't ready. I felt ready though. Owen didn't say anything and so I began rambling. "I mean, we talked about it on Tuesday, and still, they won't even let me write the message yet. I don't want to drag this out. I'm ready to meet with him."

Luke shifted behind us, but he didn't say anything and I just stared at Owen's profile. He really was perfect with a straight noise, clean shaven jaw, and he even had long eyelashes. I couldn't find a blemish on him.

"Dr. Green wants you to rest up and heal from the weekend. You'd been through too many ordeals, one after another. He's just trying to give you a couple days to breathe before you go jumping into trouble."

I leaned back and crossed my arms. "He's only increasing my stress," I said. "I hate not knowing what'll happen. I just want it over with. I want to move on from this."

He nodded. "Then I'll talk to him. We'll drop off the notes tomorrow."

"Thank you," I whispered, the frustration in me lessening. Things were going to be moving forward again. I needed that. And with Owen supporting my decision, I knew it was going to happen. Owen was a man who made final decisions and got things moving. I liked that about him.

The scenery passed for a few minutes, the quiet a constant hum in my ears. I hated when everything was so quiet, I could hear it. The silence really could be defeaning.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked to break it.

Owen checked his mirrors before turning on his blinker to get off at an exit on the highway. "There's a pet store that specializes in animal pets outside of cats and dogs. They'll be able to help us with Sprinkles."

Luke snickered from the back seat and I turned so I could see him.

"He said Sprinkles," Luke said and chuckled. I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my lips.

"Miss Sang, please face forward. Luke, isn't that the skunk's name?" Owen said.

"Yeah, but it's still funny to hear you say Sprinkles."

Owen didn't bother replying as he made another turn. I reached over to the stereo, keeping Owen's face in view. I watched his expression as I flipped on the radio. He didn't care. Some people probably would have flipped out if others touched the radio.

I had to press a couple of different buttons to figure out the system, but neither men cared. Not even when I accidentally blasted a song.

I found a channel playing a classical piano piece and I paused to enjoy it. Luke made a groaning noise and I reached over to change it again but a hand stopped by grabbing my wrist. Owen's grip wasn't hard, but gentle.