Chapter 22

My mind is a jumbling mess so I apologize for mistakes and whatnot. Here's the next chapter so you can get your answers! Enjoy and let me know what you think. Thank you for all your amazing comments. Reading them has been wonderful.

***

**| Raven's POV |**

"We should learn something here, yeah?" I asked as we turned off all the lights and went outside the building.

"Better hope so," Nathan replied as he wiped off the sweat on his face. We had just finished up cleaning the entire gym after the last workout that ended a little over an hour ago and now it was time to head home.

I shook my head. Patience wasn't who I was. I needed action, to have a target. That was why I didn't get involved in missions like this. We were up against faceless targets and faceless targets couldn't get their heads pounded in.

There was nothing to know except for what Marc has reported and those were more focused on some homeless chick who captured his attention. Which meant my attention was captured too. I wanted to meet this Sang to see if she matched up with all the hype that came through from everyone who has had the pleasure of meeting her.

Marc, Gabriel, and Luke were already attached. Victor and Kota met her and said she came off as flighty. Definitely didn't trust easily. Doc confirmed that when she interrupted their impromptu meeting. Corey and North still didn't really have an opinion other than to say she was small and protective.

I liked protective women. That meant she had backbone. Backbone was good.

"Stop frowning so hard," Nathan said. "We'll find Kevin."

I clinched my fists. Now I needed a fight to get this aggression out. Someone took him while he was undercover trying to find out why people were going missing only to show up dead around the Charleston Harbor.

Then he went missing. Kevin hasn't been on our team for about a year but he was still family and we helped each other when we could. He needed our help now, we just needed to find him. I thought about his fiancé, Mindy, crying and begging for someone to find him.

The five men who were captured earlier in the week still hadn't talked despite Blackbourne's attempts. They weren't professional but they sure knew how to keep their mouths shut. Maybe I needed to ask Blackbourne again about letting me into the room, alone. I knew a few tricks to get those mongrely (mongrels) talking.

I was just locking the gym doors with Nathan's help when we heard a female voice yelling out. We shared a look long enough to let each other know something was up and we were going to go check.

We ran across the street, where we could hear a scuffle. The alley was lit, making it easy to see what was going on.

Hot anger spread through my body.

"What the fuck is going on?" I called out, furious that three men thought it was okay to gang up on a tiny little thing. She was pint-sized and pale, her bright green eyes blinking at me in complete terror. She knew exactly what those men wanted to do with her.

The three men turned to face me and I looked the three of them over, already planning on how to introduce their faces to the cement ground.

I felt Nathan stepping up next to me, his body stiff with his own fury. He was a true southern gentleperson and that meant protecting women from lokhi (fuckers) like these ones.

"I asked you what the fuck is going on?" I asked again, barely holding myself back. Maybe I did find something to do to take my frustrations out. The girl whimpered and I glanced at her, feeling guilty for scaring her.