Chapter 72

**| Sang's POV |**

When I woke up a couple hours later, the boys were determined to all volunteer at the park with me for my normal Sunday activities. Gabriel and Luke came with me to the warehouse because they refused to let me out of their sight. Marc wanted to come but Victor needed his help with something. Raven came as extra back up.

With Gabriel's help, it didn't take long to get the crate filled with supplies and Tryst seemed more than pleased so see Raven there, grunting with approval at him. Raven eyed him before nodding at him and then watching me, following me everywhere to "make sure you don't get squished by toppling boxes." His words.

Afterwards, we walk over to the park and I smile as I quickly spotted all the boys in the thick of things, helping out and keeping the kids entertained.

North and Brandon were over by a setup of long tables, burdened with trays of food. At the end was a stack of take-out containers. The line for the food was already long with excited and hungry nomads. Axel and Owen were at another table handing out small little book bags to a line of children.

"What are in those?" I asked.

"Housing," Raven grunted.

Gabriel snickered. "It has basic clothing needs for the kids. I think Sean even snuck in some children's vitamins in there too."

I watched a kid open the bag and pull out what looked like a bulky dark blue rain jacket.

"Check this out," Gabriel said before jogging over the little boy. They talked for a moment before the kid passed over the jacket. Gabriel fiddled with it for a moment and then before I knew it, there was a small children's tent on the ground instead of the jacket.

"Whoa," I said, my mouth hanging open.

Luke and Raven chuckled, Raven reaching over to push up the bottom of my jaw. I closed my mouth. Gabriel talked with the kid a little bit longer, showing him how to turn it back into the rain jacket. He stood up and ruffled the kid's hair playfully before coming back over.

"That's amazing. Who designed those?"

Gabriel's cheeks turned a little red. "There were a group of us who worked together to put it together. We wanted to make sure the kids had protection against winter. And today is the perfect time to hand them out. I think it's supposed to rain on and off through out the week."

I couldn't help it. My emotions were nearly overwhelming me. I sniffed and then pulled Gabriel into a hug, initiating it first. "Thank you," I whispered, gripping him tightly. "They needed this."

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tighter against him. I wasn't sure but I thought I felt him kiss the top of my head. "You're welcome, Sang. This wouldn't have happened with you being such a strong advocate for these people."

My nose burned with the need to cry but I blinked hard, hiding my head into his chest before I pulled away and smiled at him. "You guys are wonderful."

I pulled away and we continued to walk around. Luke broke off to help Kota and Victor set up the games for the kids, Gabriel wandered off somewhere that caught his attention.

Nathan stood among a group of younger kids and some women, giving them free lessons on self-defense, using Marc for the demonstrations.

I walked over to the medical tent to give Dr. Bernisten the over-the-counter medicine I was able to get. She smiled up at me and it widened when she saw Raven at my back. He has yet to stray away from me. I was just grateful he didn't scare people away from me.