Chapter Twelve

David went straight to Snow's apartment, he knew he had to clarify they were over. Maybe then Regina would understand that the both of them could work and that there were no issues preventing the two of them being together.

Snow was a genuine person and she would understand, David and her had been married for years but recently there had not been much of a spark between them anymore, maybe that's why he suddenly noticed Regina more.

Maybe that's what caused all of this, him and Snow had just lost that true love spark which was so strong between them once before.

He knocked on the door impatiently wondering how things were about to go and if maybe he had nothing to worry about and they had certainly broken up.

Whether all this panic was for nothing and after this he could go running back to Regina's and solve everything. He knew that he promised to help Regina get James and Henry back but that was when she was alone and unhappy but now if her and David could happen she wouldn't need James.

Of course he would still help her to get Henry back but at least the relationship part would be solved.

The door opened and Emma answered confusing David who was prepared to be face to face with Snow, he sighed with a little relief realising he hadn't properly rehearsed what he was going to say before rushing here and that maybe this was a good thing.

"Hey, Emma" David said calmly

"Hey, David are you looking for Snow?" Emma asked and David nodded

"Yeah, is she around?" he questioned noticing how empty the apartment seemed.

"No, actually she just went to grannies to grab some lunch. You can come in and wait if you want?" Emma asked but David politely shook his head before turning to leave

"Actually Emma, I think I might just go and catch her at grannies" David exclaimed before leaving to go to grannies.
.........

After showering and getting ready, Regina tried to forget about earliers incident and try to focus on something else. She wondered about what was going to happen between her and David now and whether he was still going to help her with James and Henry or if maybe now he wouldn't want to.

She thought whether maybe it was a good idea trying to get them back, she knew she wanted to but she also now knew what feelings she had towards David. She didn't know what feelings to listen to, old ones towards James which may just be wanting to fill that happy family again or the new strong ones she had for David.

Regina sat on the living room floor looking through old photos of her and James trying to figure out what to do. She knew she would have to decide soon, she just didn't know what to do.
.........

David made his way along main street grannies just as he spotted Snow leaving grannies and he rushed up to meet her.

"Snow!" He shouted.

And Snow spun round to notice David jogging towards her and felt confusion and worry for why he was coming to speak to her.

"David..what uh what are you doing here?" Snow asked unsure of whether she wanted to know the answer or not.

"Look, I know we said we've taken a break-" David went to say but Snow cut him off.

She assumed he would want to get back together and that the break was too long but turns out Snow has actually hooked up with an old friend, Dr Whale.

And things were going really well so she was intentionally moving on, she worried for how David would react but they were on a break so Snow thought this was fine.

"David wait, before you say what I think you might say. I've moved on..I sort of have a thing with Dr Whale now" Snow admitted and David just stood stunned for a moment trying to take in this information.

Then it hit him, that means it was okay to of slept with Regina and that he could be with her; because Snow had moved on and their break really was a real break.

He knew it. David sighed with relief before replying

"Oh no Snow, thats amazing I'm glad you're moving on as a matter of fact..I too have moved on" David exclaimed and Snow's eyes lit up with slight shock that David had moved on so fast too.

She thought she had the upper game moving on quickly but apparently they were both easy to move on from one another.

"Wow! David!" Snow scoffed "I- I can't I mean wow that's great" she replied and they both just smiled at one another awkwardly.

"Well at least this means things between us won't be strange anymore" David adds and Snow nods

"Oh yes, yes of course yeah no that's great. So uh anyway I'm going to get going, date night with Dr Whale" she grins and David smiles back.

He felt happy she had managed to move on as did he and he knew this was a good thing.

Snow and David said their goodbyes before departing and David decided to visit Regina once again and explain the good news, hopefully cheer her up a little.

He began to walk to the nearest florist to pick up some flowers to cheer Regina up, and maybe some chocolate too.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling
Second Chances
Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤