The King of Camelot (Merlin and Arthur switched)

Arthur sighed as he shifted his shoulder bag and made his way into the castle. He stopped for a minute to admire the castle before asking directions to Gaius' chambers. However, on his way there, he accidentally bumped into someone, and they both fell.

"Oh! I-I'm sorry!" Arthur quickly apologized, helping the person up. "I was too entranced by the castle."

"Country boy, huh?" the person replied, yanking away from Arthur and brushing himself off. "No wonder you weren't paying attention."

Arthur gave a small smile. "Yeah, I've never seen a castle before."

The person nodded. "I'm sorry, but I'm late for a meeting."

He nodded again and took off down the hallway. Arthur watched confused, but then shrugged it off and continued his way to Gaius'. When he arrived, he slowly opened the door and looked around. 

"Hello?" he called out. "Gaius?"

"Who's there?" a voice replied.

Arthur watched in horror as an elderly man fell from a balcony. Without trying, he slowed down time and placed a bed where the man was going to land. Time resumed and the man fell onto the bed and immediately got up.

"What did you just do?" the man asked.

"I...uh..." Arthur stammared.

"Was that magic?" the man asked again, taking a step towards Arthur.

"N-No, i-it wasn't!" Arthur protested, taking a step back.

"If anyone had saw that!" the man pointed his finger at Arthur, before sighing. "How long?"

"W-What?" Arthur asked, surprised.

"How long have you had magic?" the man asked again.

"I-I don't," Arthur began, then sighed in defeat. "Since I was born."

"That's impossible!" the man cried out.

"But I'm living proof!" Arthur objected.

"Who are you and why are you here?" the man asked.

"I came here looking for Gaius," Arthur answered. "Is that you?"

"Yes, it is," the man replied. "Now, who are you?"

"Oh, I have a letter!" Arthur remembered, taking a letter out from his pocket. 

"Oh, you're Hunith's son, Arthur!" Gaius remarked as he took the letter. "But you weren't meant to be here until Wensday!"

"It is Wensday," Arthur replied.

"Oh, so it is," Gaius murmured. "So, I'll clean up this mess and you can put your things up in your room."

"Ok," Arthur said and began walking towards the room. "Oh, will you say-"

"Not a word," Gaius assured him. "Although, I should say thank you."

Arthur smiled and continued up to his room to set things up.

***

So far Arthur's week had been busy with helping Gaius with his work. Now, Gaius had nothing for Arthur to do, so he decided to wander around the courtyard. Gazing around, he wasn't paying attention, and slammed into the same person as he did on the first day he arrived.

"Oh, it's you again," the person replied. "You've been here a week and you're still entranced by this castle?"

"How do you know I've been here for that long?" Arthur asked, confused.

"I should know," the person replied, folding his arms.

"Who are you, the King?" Arthur smirked.

"No, I'm his son, Merlin," the person replied.

Arthur's smirk faded as he gave a quick bow. "Sire."

"Please, I don't like people addressing me like that," Merlin panicked, making Arthur stand up straight. 

"But you're the Prince," Arthur said, tilting his head. 

"Yeah, I know," Merlin sighed. "And it stinks. I can barely do anything without someone coming after me."

"My Lord! Your father is calling for you!"

The two of them turned to see a knight running towards them.

"Well, my little break is over," Merlin sighed, turning to leave. "By the way, I never got your name."

"Arthur," Arthur replied, holding out his hand.

"Pleasure to meet you," Merlin shook Arthur's hand before running off.

After Merlin and the knight disappeared, Arthur sighed with relief and leaned against a wall. He looked at his hands and clenched them. Thank the Heavens that Merlin did not find out about his magic. Taking a deep breath, Arthur made his way back to Gaius chambers for dinner.

***

It has been three years now since Arthur first stepped foot in Camelot. After saving Merlin from assassination, Arthur had become Merlin's servant, and a close friend and ally. Together, they fought off a dragon, made some of their new friends knights, suffered through the King's death and Morgana's betrayal. However, Arthur still managed to hide his magic through all of their adventures. Well, up until today.

Arthur was walking down the hall, blowing a strand of his blonde hair out of his eyes so he could see above the basket of dirty clothes.

"Arthur!"

Arthur stopped to see Merlin walk towards him, his crown neatly polished on his head.

"What is it, Merlin?" Arthur asked, placing down the basket.

"I need to talk to you about something," Merlin said.

Arthur looked at his King curiously as Merlin grabbed his arm and dragged him into a corner.

"Arthur, I know your secret," Merlin muttered.

"W-What are you talking about?" Arthur stuttered, his face turning pale.

"Your magic," Merlin said, seriously. "And don't try to deny it. I've seen you."

"You caught me," Arthur side. "Just please don't kill me."

"What?!?" Merlin asked, shocked. "I'm not going to kill you!"

"You aren't?" Arthur asked.

"No, of course not!" Merlin smiled. "I was planning on changing the ban on magic anyways, and you just approved my decision!"

"Really?" Arthur asked.

"Of course!" Merlin replied, placing an arm around Arthur's shoulders. "Let's go tell the council together!"

With that, the two friends took off down the hallway, Merlin yelling for everyone to get out of his way while Arthur just screamed. 

Next thing Arthur knew, he was standing by Merlin's side as Court Sorcerer, helping Merlin watch over all of Albion.